Chapter 1: Arrival

Her mask ^
__________________________________________________________________________________

I walk up to the gates of Cross Academy. It has been a while since I have come in contact with someone, about a month. I was starving, but I couldn't let my hunger take over. I sighed and pushed open the large metal gates, making a creak noise. I was immediately greeted by a warm smile.

"Hello, I'm Yuuki! You must be the new student!" She says, looking at a piece of paper.

"Er, yes," I reply. I was surprised by how happy she was, humans are confusing.

"Ok, I will take you to the headmaster and we can talk more," she says, taking my hand to lead me. I immediately pull my hand away from her grip, and she looks at me confused.

"I...uh..sorry," I apologize, looking at the ground.

"Oh, it's fine!" She tells me, and starts walking, so I follow her.

I walk into the headmasters office, Yuuki ahead of me.

"Ahh! Hello~" a cheerful man says, this must be the headmaster. He gets up and starts dancing around the room, how weird.

"Alright, my dearest Yuuki will show you to your dorm!" He cheers, twirling. Don't I get the choice to go to the night class?

"Alright Headmaster," Yuuki says, smiling.

"It's 'father'," I hear him mutter under his breath. Yuuki and I then walk away, toward a large building which I can guess are the sun dorms. I look behind me to see another building, with students wearing white uniforms in them. That must be the moon dorms. I keep looking and notice somebody with brown hair is staring at me. I quickly look away, hiding my blush.

"Oh yeah, I never asked your name!" Yuuki suddenly said.

"Natsuki," I answer, and she smiles again. She really likes to smile.

"Natsuki, I like that name," she says, and we open the doors to the dorm.

We walk down a long corridor to a room. When I walk in, it's empty, meaning that I have a whole room to myself. Yuuki waves goodbye to me and I plop myself on the bed. I feel my eyes start to pulse and I quickly go to my bag. I need to eat, I haven't since a month, and I hate to hunt.

I started to use suicide victims, so then I didn't have to kill. I heard that Anteiku(is that how u spell it?) was doing the same. Of course, I didn't want to join them, I hate other ghouls, they cannot be trusted.

When I open the bag I find leftovers of someone that committed suicide. It should be enough to keep my hunger under control, for now. When I finish I go into the bathroom to wash up. I splash cold water in my face and look in the mirror, at the monster that stares back. My eyes start to return to normal, the normal blank silver stare.

When I walk back into the main room I notice the school uniform on the other bed. How did I not notice it before? I quickly get changed to roam the school, seeing where my classes are. I grabbed my sketch pad then opened my door to step out. Nobody is around, so I walk outside. I notice a few other students roaming around, it must be their lunch time. I walk into the woods and climbed a tree to start drawing my surroundings. I look around, at the green trees swaying slightly in the breeze and the bright sun overhead. I notice a fountain farther away, with crystal blue water. I decide to draw that, and take a mental note to visit it later.

When I finish drawing, the bell rang for the other students to go to class. I follow close behind, and stop at the door to the class. This is the history class. I look around more and find the English, Japanese, Chemistry and Algebra classes. There are also extra classes, such as Culinary and Art, scattered about.

Once I know where all the classes are I wander more. The sun starts to set and I suddenly hear loud screaming. I walk towards where the noise is coming from and hide in the trees. I see a large group of people surrounding the moon dorm doors, screeching. When the doors open the screaming gets louder, and a strange scent emits from the students that walk out. The students screaming must be fangirls and boys for the Night Class, but what for?

"Aido-sempai~"

"Kaname!"

"Ahh!"

They are so loud my ears start to hurt. I look closer in the crowd and see Yuuki trying to hold back all the students, telling them to go back to their dorms. I also notice somebody else, with silver hair and lavender eyes. He seemed to be doing a better job than Yuuki, scaring all the students.

Suddenly, Yuuki gets pushed down, and the brown haired one called 'Kaname' catches her. They stare for a short while, which was really awkward, and then Yuuki quickly gets up.

"Sorry, Kaname-Senpai!" She quickly apologized. I notice behind her are a bunch of people, and they all look really angry.

"Oh! Uh, it's just my job to hold them back!" She quickly replied.

"I hate it when you act reserved, Yuuki" Kaname says, putting his hand to her face when the silver haired boy pushed his hand away.

While they were both away the fangirls made a perfect line for the night class to walk through. I giggle a little at how weird humans are. I haven't laughed in a while, it felt good. When the Night Class left to get to class I sit down at the root of the tree and start to draw again, when I heard a voice.

"Oh, hey Natsuki!" It was Yuuki.

"Hello" I reply, "Who was that silver-haired boy with you?"

"Oh, him? That's Zero!" She answered, looking at him.

"Oh," I say, and get up to leave. I wanted to go see the fountain that I saw earlier.

"Leaving already?" Yuuki asks.

"Yeah, bye," I say, no empathy for her sad face that I am leaving already.

"Aww, ok bye." She pouts.

I make my way to the fountain and sit down.

How was chapter one? Let me know if there are any spelling errors!

Also, if you have any suggestions please comment them! Thanks!