Chapter 10: Dreams

I grit my teeth and clench my fist until I hear a loud snap and look down at the broken pencil in my hands.

I stand up, everyone's eyes on me, as I take my stuff and leave the class room, slamming the door behind me.

As I leave, I hear some whispers from inside, and then the "teacher" shushes them to start the "lesson".

I reach my dorm room, and lay on my bed to stare at the ceiling.

Why was a Vampire Hunter and CCG member here at the school? What was it that he wanted?

After a while of thinking, I sit up and draw to get my anger and fear out.

I get up to make some coffee, and sip it slowly.

Since it's nighttime, I decide to go outside, so I open my window to jump out, landing gracefully on the ground.

I roam the school, stopping every time I see something move out of the corner of my eye, so I wouldn't get caught. I finally find a good tree, and climb up it.

I look around at the academy, a few lights illuminate the dorm hallway windows and some black silhouettes walk past them.

I climb down, bored, and sit down at the root of the tree. I rest my head back, looking at the stars through the leaves of the tree. Slowly, I slip unconscious and fall asleep.

Natsuki: Dream

I look around at a pitch black room, squinting my eyes to see if I can make out anything.

Suddenly, a blinding light flashes on over a chair in the middle of the room. I walk over to it, and when I reach it I look down to examine it.

Then, someone violently pushes me into the chair, tying me up. I struggle to get free, but it's no use.

I look around for someone, only to make eye contact with the one person I hate more than anything, the one that caused me the most pain, Jason.

I notice tears fall down my face. I don't want to go through this again, never again. He laughs and brings out a syringe and his dumb pliers.

Helpless and crying I sit there as he walks toward me.

A laugh, distant but also close, fills the room.

Suddenly,  i'm in a dining room with my parents. They are sipping their coffee as I awkwardly play with my hair.

I notice my dad say something to me, but I can't quite make out what it is. I keep my head down as I continue to play with my hair.

Now i'm sitting alone in a grassy field, the sun burning into my back. I can still feel the tears on my cheek as I pick at a yellow flower.

Whispers brush past my ear like the wind, but I do not react, as if this is normal.

Now, I'm back in the chair, Jason still staring at me with his pliers in hand. The ground is covered in blood, and fresh tears fall down my face.

"Stop! Please!" I scream at him, only to have him laugh in return.

"1000-7?" He says, walking towards me and knelt down to my blood covered feet.

I close my eyes tight.

"993," I scream, and open my eyes to a completely white room, my voice echoing off the walls.

Before I know it, the floor seems to disappear, and I find myself falling, surrounded by a bright blue sky, not a cloud in sight.

The ground below me grows bigger and bigger, till I finally hit it with a thud.

Natsuki: Wake Up

I wake up screaming, tears flowing down my face. I sit up, panting, and look around.

I'm in a dorm room, but it's not my own. I hear a door open next to me, and some whispering behind it before it opens, Aido standing there looking at me awkwardly.

"Uh, w-why am I h-here?" I stuttered, still shaken by the 'dream' I had.

"Well, I found you sleeping outside, so I decided to bring you to your dorm," he says.

"This, uh, isn't my dorm," I reply, looking around at the beautifully furnished room and the display cabinet of weird knick-knacks.

"Yeah, it's mine, your door was locked," he explains.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I ask.

"Well, I didn't want to, you looked so peaceful," he says.

"NO!" I yell, catching him by surprise.

"Uh, sorry, just next time PLEASE wake me!" I say, and he looked a little confused but nodded his head.

"I'm...gonna go back to my dorm," I say, getting up and walking past him out the door.

"Wait!" He calls after me and I turn to look at him.

"There's something I want to tell you," he begins, "Well, I kinda, uh, li- oh nevermind." He says, brushing it off and closing the door to his room.

As I walked back to my dorm, I think back on it. What did he want to say to me?