Chapter 3: My Friend Yumi

I walk over to where the gunshots came from. I look to see two students lying unconscious, and Yuuki stopping Zero from shooting Aido. I climb up the tree to get a better view, keeping hidden. I see Kaname walk up behind Aido. Why is Aido getting in trouble? I look around at everyone, and notice that Yuuki's hand has a bite mark on it, very slight. This guy won't stop, will he? Why does he have to follow the rules of this place anyway? I notice Aido shrink down in horror at the sight of Kaname, and I wonder why.

"Oh, Kaname!" Yuuki says, "don't worry, it was just a little nibble, nothing to worry about."

Suddenly, Zero grabs her hand and drags her off.

"Hey, Zero! What are you doing?" She complains, very loudly.

I look back to Kaname and the two students. I see someone placing her hand on their forehead, and a weird purple thing over their heads. They must be erasing their minds. Kaname and the others start to walk away, when Kaname turns around and looks directly at me, or what it seemed. Did he see me?

"Um...Kaname?" Says the boy with brownish orange hair, I think his name is Kain.

"Sorry," Kaname says, still glaring into the trees at me.

After that I head back to my dorm and grab my guitar. I strum a little and play a short song, my fingers moving gracefully over the strings, making each note perfection.

When I finish I grab my sketch pad to draw. I start to draw a person and immediately stop. I have never draw someone before. I continue to draw, and see that I unconsciously drew Zero. Why Zero, of all people? I put my sketchbook away and relaxed for the rest of the night.

The next morning I made my self a cup of coffee. After I drank my coffee I went to the bathroom to brush my hair, grabbing my black brush and running it through my hair gently. My eyes start to pulse again, I'm going to have to go hunting soon, or at least find a cliff where people have ended their lives for whatever reason they feel the need to. They have perfect lives, I have always wanted to be like them, human, ugh.

I grab all my things and walk out the door to my class. Today is just a normal day of school, nothing special. I didn't really care much about my grades or how I did, so I didn't pay attention. I just drew the whole class.

It's lunch break now. I go up to the roof and sit down. I look around at the other students up here. One group of people has Yuuki in it, and she notices me and smiles. She waves at me to come over by her. I slowly get up and walk over.

When I reach her and sit down, I just stare at the floor. I can feel all of her friends eyes on me.

"Oh, sorry, this is Natsuki!" Yuuki tells them. They then continue their conversations, eating their lunch. Suddenly something flew into my mouth, and I felt like throwing up. I swallow it quickly and look at whoever did it. It was Yuuki. I give her a fake smile.

"You never eat, so there!" She says, smiling.

Thank you, Yuuki.

Later, in the bathroom, I puke it up. I hate it, why can't I be normal? I wish I could be human, or at least something close to human. I've always wanted to know what cake tasted like.

I walk out of the bathroom and to my dorm. I didn't feel like finishing school today.

*flash back*

"Hey, Natsuki?" My best friend yelled, waving her hand in front of me. Her name was Yumi, she had short orange hair and green eyes.

"Yeah," I reply, snapping back from my daydream.

"Sorry, you were zoning out!" She says, laughing.

She didn't know I was a ghoul. I never should have dragged her into my mess of a life.

I remember the day so clearly. I was in my room, on my computer. I notice a video come up in my email, it was of Yumi.

I clicked "play".

"Hello Kumo," a man said into the camera. It was one of the CCG. "I have your friend here, and you better come get her. She will die," he finished.

When the video finished, I jumped up and ran out the front door, not bothering with my shoes. I ran to her house with my ghoul speed, and flew into her front door. I ran upstairs and looked around her room, to find my best friend in the whole world, Yumi on the floor.

Dead

"No!" I screamed, "Yumi! Why?"

I see a note on her bed. It had shaky handwriting on it, Yumi's handwriting.

It read:
Hello Natuki,
I wish you would have told me your secret. I wouldn't of cared. Now look at me. I  sorry Natsuki, Im sorry I had to die this way. Just remember, I-

The rest was unreadable, covered in blood spots. I feel my Kakugan activate. It was then I remembered that I haven't eaten in a month.

No! I can't eat my friend! Stop!

I run away. I don't know how far I ran, but I know it was far away from the place. I didn't want anyone to ever come close to me again, if it meant they would get hurt.

Just like my parents. Just like Yumi.

*end of flash back*

When I got to my dorm, I grab my sketchbook. I flip to a new page and draw whatever came to mind.

I started drawing Yumi.

I threw my sketchbook across the room. I didn't want to think of her. I never want to make friends again, not even Yuuki. They will get hurt.

That night, I cried, a lot. I mourned over my parents and Yumi.

I need to get stronger.

Ok guys sorry for the kinda boring and sad chapter!

Also, sorry for adding another character when I said there was only one OC, even though she died.

T-T Rest in Pepperoni Yumi.