Chapter 18: Back to School

When the sun rises the next day I get out of bed and throw on a lazy tank top and leggings. I head out to the moon dorm gates, and I look around to see if there are any day class students since school has started again. The coast it clear so I walk past the gates and go to the stables. I never really noticed that they were here until now, but they seemed nice.

I walk into the place and walk up to a horse. It whinnies and backs up a little. I reach my hand out hesitantly to touch it when-

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I hear a voice behind me. I turn around to see Zero.

"Um, aren't you supposed to be in class?" I ask him.

"Aren't you supposed to be in your dorm?" He counters and I scoff.

"I just...came to see the horses, is that a problem?" I put my hand on my hip and wait for an answer.

"I-" he looks defeated.

"Well, if you were going to nap here or whatever I'm leaving so go ahead," He looks surprised that I know he does that here.

I leave and head back to the dorms, only to grab my sketchbook and head a building I saw before. It was weird, but I think I remember Takuma having his birthday party here.

I sit down on a bench and pull out my sketchbook. I remember seeing only a few horses at the stable. One at the end was white with a light grey mane and the one I reached out for was tan with some brown speckles. I drew that one.

I never really was good at drawing animals, but the way my pencil curved the lines and formed the picture was perfect.

My hunger suddenly ruined the moment and kicked in. I held my stomach and got up to go back to my dorm.

When I got there I pulled out some eyeballs that Uta gave me for the go. I mean....eyeballs....but I would do anything to ease my hunger. I cringed as I ate them but silently thanked Uta.

The sun started to set so I put on my night class uniform and re-brushed my hair. I grabbed my sketchbook, pencil and other school supplies before heading out to the gate. I heard some screaming from the other side and rolled my eyes. I really didn't miss this.

The gates opened and I resisted the urge to cover my ears. They were SO LOUD.

"KANAME, WE MISSED YOU!"

"Aido~ I'm so happy to see you!"

"Did you miss us Takuma~?"

Aido of course shot at people with finger guns and bless kisses. He acted like such a...a...oh I forgot the word. I'm sure he is at least happy to be back after being suspended.

Suddenly I hear "NATSUKI-SENPAI~" and I jump.

I look over to where it came from to see a group of boys and girls calling out to me. I sigh and walk faster.

Aido slows down for me.

"What's the matter Natsuki? You need to water your lane, like me. I keep them hydrated with my LoVe," he exclaims and I slap him on the arm.

"Shut up," I mumble.

We finally get away from the screaming even though I can still hear it in the back of my head. Class starts and I don't know why but....I missed this. I mean, of course the class is boring and unneeded but at least it's something to do.

I doodle while the teacher goes on about back to school and what we will be learning about. Finally it's over and we are sent to our other classes. The classes go by as I fill up the page with random flowers and shapes with the occasional detail. Before I know it the day, or, ahem, night, is over.

We are sent back to our dorms as the sun starts to rise again.