Chapter 13: Hungry

We thought we could have a day off from school, no drama. But, with our luck, just as we were finally enjoying our coffee, 3 girls from our school make a loud entrance when they notice Aido.

I knew they were from our school, they had their uniforms on. Day class, obviously.

"Aido!!!" One with short brown hair screeched when they saw him, making the others turn.

"Oh my gosh!!! Aido-senpai!!" Another with long pale pink hair yelled.

The other people in the coffee shop had a questioning look on their face. The face that said: is he famous or something?

"Hello~" he said to them. Typical Aido.

"Eek~" Another girl with braided blonde hair squeaked.

I rolled my eyes. The 3 girls waddled over to us. I sipped more of my coffee as I watched them. They all looked at me in disgust.

"What are you doing here?" Pink Hair asked sweetly, but quickly changed her tone when she said, "with.....her"

"Oh, um, we are just getting coffee!" He smiles.

I rest my face on my hand and looked out the window while they talked, the girls way too exited.

After a few minutes of them talking drowned out by my thoughts, I finally looked at them and paid attention. They were talking about dumb stuff like what the night class is like and who his favorite day class student was.

Suddenly, my stomach growled, very loudly.
I came to realize that I haven't eaten in a while, and I blush looking to see if anyone noticed. The girl with shirt brown hair seemed to notice. I looked at Aido. He didn't notice. Phew.

I looked back out the window. After a few minutes, I noticed how hungry I really was. How long has it been since I've 'eaten'? My stomach growled again, even louder this time. I looked at Aido.

He noticed, and he knows what it means.

I saw a glint of disgust but mostly understanding in his eyes. Without even talking to me, he knew what to do. I already began to look at the girls in a certain...way.

"Hey, uh, we better get going now, nice seeing you," Aido quickly got up and grabbed my hand. I didn't pull away this time.

We ran out of the store before the girls could say anything.

As we rush through the streets-me almost tripping multiple times as I keep my head down and Aido pulls me- we head for somewhere remote without people. It's not the same as being a vampire, we can't just suck some blood and leave them alive. I wish it was that easy.

I breath in the air, the smell of..people.. and a storm heading our way. Aido makes some turns and we end up down an unfamiliar street. He must have taken some wrong turns.

The rain starts in small drops landing on the dry street and soon turn into larger drops landing on my head as we make our way through the seemingly endless road.

My hunger begins to settle in on me. The weeks, maybe months, that I haven't eaten finally hit me. I have been at this school longer than I have realized.

I finally look up after a while. I regret it immediately. I'm hit with even more hunger as the people stop to look at us as we run past them. My grip tightens on Aido, and he looks back at me, still running.

Almost like he knew what to do in this situation, he runs to a alley pulling me along with him.

We reach the end of the alley and sit down panting. I close my eyes and rest my head on a brick wall. My mind is running faster than we were and this scene seems all too familiar. In an alley. Hungry. But this time I'm with someone.

It's like some bad déjà vu, and I have a feeling it could only get worse.

"Ah, there she is,"  I hear a voice, someone familiar. My stomach growls and I hold it, opening my eyes to see who it is.

"She's hungry too, and weak in the rain. Thank you, Aido," The man says, and I can feel the color in my face drain and my breath become quick and sharp when I see who it is.