Chapter 19: The Question

Only 8 days left until the contest is over (did I do my math right?)!! I love the submissions so far and can't wait to see more!
--------------------------------------------

I go back to my dorm and do the same usual routine, make some coffee and sketch for 5 thousand hours. Ok that's a bit of an exaggeration. From everything that has been happening I completely forgot about my guitar. I pick it up and begin strumming, a bit rusty from the gap of time I've played it.

I started playing Good Riddance since it was one of the first songs I learned. It's a little typical but fun to play.

I started singing but my voice cracked and I got embarrassed so I put the guitar away. I hope nobody heard through these thin wall.

I decide to go out and wander the school area. Even though I've been here for a while there still are places I've never been to.

I decide to explore the main building. Most of my classes were on the second and third floor so I haven't had much time to see around the first floor. The problem was the day class students. I knew their class periods since I used to be in their class, so I knew when to hide or something. I found out that there are lots of unused classrooms and a big room that is used to be a gym. I wonder why they don't use these anymore.

I take note of the empty classrooms to come back to so I can relax and draw.

I head out of the classroom down the hall when suddenly I hear a door open and voices. I look at the time and realize that their class is over, crap! I walk a little faster towards the door until I hear a boy gasp and a girl mutter to their friend asking if it was me. I abort mission.

When I make it out of the building I jog to the gardens towards the entrance where students go to lunch. I know that they have already had lunch so I don't have to worry.

"You shouldn't be out here," I hear a voice behind me as I walk to the little pond thing.

"I'm not causing harm Zero," I grunted, turning around.

"You caused a disruption when people saw you as they got out of class," He sneered.

"Oh well, I'm not in there anymore," I said.

"Hey Natsuki, by the way, don't make friends with those vampires. They are horrible creatures," He has a hint of...worry....in his light violet eyes.

"Then what does that make me? A monster," I walk away at that.

I decide to go into the forest despite Zero telling me off. I head back to that fountain to check it out. I reach inside the pocket of my uniform and find a coin at the bottom. I decide to toss it in. My wish? It's quite obvious actually.

To not be a ghoul.

Time goes by quite fast when you cry. It's like a lot of weight gets lifted off your shoulder but the real reason never goes away. I shouldn't be crying outside where people might find me. I wipe my eyes and get up to leave.

I decide to head back to the dorms and....I know this sounds crazy but I should try and sleep. Even if I did have a nightmare someone would hear me and wake me. Sleep didn't sound so bad anymore.

I walk through the gates and make my way to the door when I bump into someone.

"Oh, sorry," I look up to see who it is and am met with Kaname.

"Have you been crying? What's the matter Natsuki?" He seems actually concerned.

"No, it's nothing..." I gulped.

"There has to be a reason if you were crying," He nagged.

"I wish I wasnt a Ghoul," I muttered under my breath even though I know he could still hear me.

"I know, and I've been thinking," I look up at him.

"Wh-what?"

"Well...pureblood vampires can turn humans into vampires," He starts, and I don't know if I like where this is going.

"What if, we tried to make you a vampire?"