Chapter 22: A Change

Yooo first of all do u like the name and book cover change? Sorry if it caused any confusion :// I like the name Natsuki better than just the Japanese word for moon :)) Also, this will be the last chapter, I hope you enjoyed this story <33

___________________________________________________

After class was over, I made my way back to the dorms with the rest of the night students. The sky was turning a light indigo as the sun was about to rise. Instead of turning down my usual corridor to my dorm room, I make the opposite turn towards where Kaname's room is. Having made my decision, I now need to take action towards it.

I knock three times on his door, a soft "Come in" sounding from the other side. I slowly creak the door open and see Kaname sitting in an elegant looking chair surrounded by all sort of sophisticated furniture.

"Ah, Natsuki, have you made your decision?" His eyes glint in wonder.

"Yes, erm, I have," Am I really going to try to do this?

"And..What would that be?"

"I...agree. We should try," I answered, fidgeting with my hands.

He gets up and strides over to me, putting my face in his hands. Its extremely weird but I cant pull away.

"Are you sure?" His hands drop to my waist.

"Y-yes," I stutter, this suddenly getting....intimate?

His head lowers to my neck, his breath going down my back. I really wish he would just get it over with. A slight pain is suddenly in my neck, almost like a needle. I soon realize what he is doing. He is using an Rc suppressant so he can pierce my skin easier. I feel myself growing weaker as the effect takes place. I feel another pain in my neck, and this time its not the needle. Is this what it feels like?

(Kinda....SUCKS...HAhhaha sorry)

I begin to feel something...different. But he doesn't stop. I try to pull away but his grip gets tighter around me. He needs to stop. I cant and wont die like this, in here, not even thinking it was possible for a ghoul to die like this, if I even will be one anymore.

Suddenly, and finally, he pulls away. When did we get on the floor? My memory is jumbled and my vision is hazy. The smell of blood, MY blood, fills my nose. Kaname then bites his own wrist and forces his blood down my throat. I remember something about this, its so I wont become a level E like Zero.

My eyes slowly close as I drift of into a sleep like state. I feel my body being lifted, but I black out before I know whats happening.

My eyes flutter open softly, to be met with the patterns of my dorm ceiling. I sit up, and to my surprise, I am calm. No nightmares, no screaming, and no crying. I look around my room, and find a note on my desk. I pick it up, the paper crumpling softly under my fingers.

Natsuki-

Come to my room when you awaken. Tell me how you feel, and if it worked.

-Kaname

I put down the paper on my desk and get up. I walk towards the bathroom and look in the mirror. Faded blue hair and red eyes stare back, and not of a ghoul, but of a vampire. My heart skips a beat, then speeds up. I don't know how to feel. I feel a hunger, but not ghoul hunger, I feel a hunger for blood more than flesh.

I cant believe it worked. I don't know how, but the genes of becoming a vampire must completely overpower the original genes of a ghoul or human, turning them no matter what. I splash water in my face to make sure this is real.