summary

Lucy Morgan, a girl often overlooked, finally stands out

But not in the way she wanted.
Out of her family, she's the last one left.
Her mother, gone in the first wave.
Her father, gone in the third.
And her sister Lizbeth? The odds that the third wave took her out were more likely than not.
Lucy is alive, but she is alone.
Lucy is surviving, but the presence of the Others is ripping her farther away from living.

Until she finds herself part of Squad 53 at Camp Haven.
She isn't alone anymore. And she certainly isn't just surviving.

Enter Canary.
Enter Zombie.
Enter the 5th Wave.

<><><>

Disclaimer: This is a fanfiction for Rick Yancey's The 5th Wave. As much as I'd love to say I came up with the brilliant idea of The 5th Wave, I have to say that the entire story line is ownership of Rick Yancey. I do not own any of the characters  or book references. The only things I own are: the character of Lucy Morgan and her individual thoughts.

Because this is a fanfic, there are a few bits of dialogue I have taken directly from the book and/or movie. Keep this in mind while reading!

Additionally, all graphics aside from gifs are made by me. Some have 'Perish' written on them, but some do not.

Author's note: Greetings The 5th Wave fans, returnees,and new readers! I've never done a fan fiction before; I honestly never thought there'd come a day when I'd be writing one, but I enjoy both the books and  the movie for The 5th Wave so much that I really wanted to make a fan fiction with Ben Parish...so here I am. I do hope all my readers enjoy it; I'm trying my very best to write in a way that really reflects on each character's thoughts (like Rick Yancey does in his writing). Also know that I will be taking some things from the book and some things from the movie. For example, although Reznik is a male in the book, I am making Reznik a female in 'Perish', which follows the film.

Make sure to keep up to date with updates by adding this to your library :) And vote or comment if you like Ben Parish *votes on own story*.