4. I Fight the Camp Bully

I woke up to a pillow smack to the head from Percy.

"What the hell was that for?" I said, pushing the pillow to the side.

"It's time to get up. Today is your first real day at camp so be excited. I'll get your schedule for the day at breakfast. You have about thirty minutes to get ready."

I rolled over and sighed "Fine... Wait, where's James?"

"I sent him back to his cabin a little while ago."

"Why didn't you wake me up then?"

"I was going to but he made me wait 'til he left."

"Hmm..." He must still be mad at me for asking him about his scars I thought as I walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

I was ready to go in ten minutes while Percy took forever trying to find a clean shirt. I looked down at my orange t-shirt and even though I hated orange, I liked this shirt. It made me feel like I was part of something. While I was lost in thought, Percy managed to find a shirt and put it on.

"Hey. Are you ready to go?" He asked me.

"Yeah, been ready for like twenty minutes." I said finally pulling myself from my head.

"Then let's go." He led the way out of the cabin and I followed him to the Dining Pavilion. I sat down at the Poseidon table and Percy said he'd be right back.

I asked the plate for blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup with some orange juice. I took a pancake and put in the fire and I wished that dad if he was listening to help me find my birth mom. I don't know why I wished for that, I guess I just wanted to know who she is or was and what kind of person she is or was.

I had finished my second pancake when Percy came back and handed me two sheets of paper. "These are your camp schedule and a map so you don't get lost. It looks like you have me first in the morning for sword fighting." I looked at my schedule.

Blaise Thompson 

                                                                    Camp Schedule

8AM Breakfast

9AM Sword and Defense w/ Percy Jackson and Clarisse La Rue

10AM Archery w/Chiron

11AM Pegasus Riding w/ Katie Gardener

12PM Lunch

1PM Monster Assault Techniques w/ Travis and Connor Stoll

2PM Free choice

Canoe Races w/ Naiads or

Climbing Wall w/ Satyrs or

Arts and Crafts w/ Jake Mason

4PM Free time/ Cabin Clean-up

5PM All Camp Swim Fireworks Beach w/ Nerieds

6PM Dinner (Friday: Capture the Flag)

7PM Sing-A-Long w/Apollo Cabin (Friday: 9PM)

11PM Lights Out

"Well this is definitely not an ordinary summer camp. That's for sure." I replied to Percy.

"That's true but what did you expect this is a camp for demigods."

I shrugged and ate the last of my pancakes. I looked at Percy's plate which was full of blue food. "What's with the blue food?"

"It reminds me of my mom. She used to bring home blue food to prove Smelly Gabe wrong that there is blue food. It kind of became our thing."