12. We Battle a Tornado

Next thing I remember is looking at the cave ceiling with James screaming at me.

"Seattle." I said.

"Seattle? What about Seattle?" Thomas said coming from the other side of the cavern where he was hiding because who knows why.

"Percy is in Seattle." I said as I got up from the ground.

"That's where we need to go I can feel it." I pointed to a tunnel in the middle.

They nodded. We walked through tunnel after tunnel for a long time in utter silence. Until Thomas spoke up. "Are you sure we are going the right way? It feels like we've been walking for hours."

I sighed. "Yes. We are going the right way. Ikhnaie did something to me. I can feel exactly where Percy is and he hasn't moved in a while which worries me. I feel it in gut that we are going the right way."

"I believe in books, logic, and maps. How can an organ in your body tell you exactly where someone from a thousand miles away?" I turned to look at him.

"I don't know but it's the only lead we got. You're a freaking satyr from myths and legends for Zeus' sake! How could not believe in magic or a goddess' power?" Thomas was red in the face with anger and was about to explode but James stepped in between us.

"Calm down guys. We are all on edge because of being in enclosed space for too long. Let's just sit down and relax and have something to eat."

"That would be nice if we had food to eat. All we brought was a few snacks that we've eaten already." Thomas said sharply.

"Ok, then let's find a way up to mortal world and find something to eat. We've got money right? We can eat and decide what to do next alright?" Thomas and I sighed and agreed.

It took us about an hour to find a way up top. We exited the Labyrinth just outside Dodge City, Kansas.

"Holy Hera. How did we get to Kansas from New York in three days on foot?" James exclaimed.

"The Labyrinth is a little weird when it comes to distance." Thomas explained. I snorted, I thought he cared about logic. He glared at me.

"Alright let's get some food." James said sensing the awkward intenseness between us.

We walked for a while passing a lot of houses, until we reached what looked like downtown. Lucas had disappeared from my side, probably to go find something to eat himself. It was mid-day so the streets were busy. The first food place we found was a Monster Donut.

"Nope. Definitely not there." Thomas and James looked at me confused. I told them the story Percy had told me.

*************************************

I had asked the plate at camp for a donut for breakfast. Percy had made a face.

"What? Got something against donuts?" I teased him.

"I got into some trouble a while back because of some donuts. I ended up fighting a hydra. Whatever you do, never go into a Monster Donut."

**************************************

The boys nodded and we continued walking. We walked passed a lot of shops and stores along the main street until we saw a little diner that reminded me a lot of a diner that was a few streets over form James' trailer. We decided to eat there and we walked in. We sat a booth in the back away from the windows, didn't want any monsters zoning in on us. We all decided against anything with pork. I got chicken strips with cookie dough milk shake, James got a Cheese burger and chocolate shake, and Thomas got an extra-large order of fries and vanilla shake. When our food arrived, we scarfed it all down like we hadn't eaten in weeks.