11. We Kill a Beast for a Feast?!?

The next morning, I got up trying to shake off the terrible voices in my dreams, changed into a camp shirt and shorts with my sword strapped to my belt, grabbed my pack, and walked to the Big House with Lucas trailing behind me.

The sky did not match my emotions at all. It was sunny, blue, and cheery. If it had been any other day I would have spent it flying with Sasha or swimming at the beach but today the sky should've been less blue and cheery.

Today was the day that I have to find my insane brother and save him from the curse that I probably invoked by coming here, my new home.

I let my mind go blank as I continued to the big house, no point in getting angry at something I can't change.

James and Thomas were already there awkwardly talking. James hasn't talked to Thomas since he brought us here but knew he was the Camp Bookworm that he even read more and possibly knew more than the Athena kids which would be intimating if you didn't know him.

"Been waiting long?" I asked them.

James perked up when I spoke and said "No, not at all."

Thomas shrugged with his nose already in a book.

We started to talk about how we wanted to go about finding Percy, when Chiron trotted up to the porch.

"Everyone ready?" He said. We all nodded.

We each had a backpack with a sleeping bag. Chiron handed Thomas a baggie full of mortal money and a few drachmas.

"Icara, go inside and see Rachel. She'll give you the quest prophecy." Chiron told me.

I walked inside and down the hall to the meeting room where Rachel always is. She was painting a beautiful landscape when I walked in. "Hey, Rachel." I'd gotten to know her well because she often came into the library in between paintings to hang out with me and Thomas.

"Oh hey, Icara. Today's the day. You here for a prophecy?" She smiled but she had sadness in her eyes.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Give me a moment." She climbed on the table and sat cross-legged. She looked like she was meditating. She started speak in her snake-like voice that I'd only heard once before.

"In the west, invisible to the star

You shall find the one who is missing.

Beware the sacrifices you are forced into making,

Eyes watch your trials from afar."

She open her eyes and said as if nothing intense had just occurred "Good luck! Bring our boy back home."

I nodded still thinking about the prophecy. "Umm.. Yeah. I'll bring him back." I walked out of the room and out the front door where Thomas and James were waiting with Lucas pacing between their legs.

"So..." James said.

"So let's go." I said. We headed towards the woods and Zeus' Fist.

We got to the hole in which Percy jumped into. Thomas explained that this hole lead to the Labyrinth built by Daedalus for the Minotaur.

"We could get lost and never be found. Plus it's full of monsters. Are we sure this is the only way to go?" Thomas asked warily.

"Stop being a 'fraidy cat, Bookworm. Percy jumped in here which means we do too if we want any chance of finding him." I said to him.

He looked at me like I was crazy, which I guess I was.

"Ready?" I looked between James and Thomas. James nodded. Thomas grudgingly said yes. "Alright, let's go."