8. I Almost Get Skewered?!?!?!?

The next day was Sunday. Since it was a weekend, campers had the day off just like school.

I woke up late morning. Percy was already gone for the day. I got up and got dressed in my teal bikini. I decided since I haven't seen the beach yet that was time to stretch out my new powers that Percy told me about. I grabbed a towel and my sandals and walked outside to a beautiful day. It was a short walk to the beach and when I got there it was empty.

"Hmm. I guess everyone decided it wasn't a beach day." I said to myself.

I laid out my towel on the warm sand. I looked at the water and it was so beautiful. I smiled knowing this was my first time at a beach. It was weird, me, a Poseidon kid had never been to a beach. I used to go to the pool at the community center with James all the time but, it wasn't the same. We would dive to the bottom and see who could stay down the longest. I always won and I guess I know why now.

I walked in til the water reached my knees. It was cold! I got used to the temperature pretty quickly. I took a breath in and felt the ocean's pulse, if it could be called that. I willed the waves to get bigger like Percy had told me at dinner yesterday and the waves listened to me. Although they nearly made me fall over they were so big. I walked further into the water until I couldn't stand. I commanded the water to keep me up even though Percy said we could breathe under water. This was kind of fun. I floated with waves, not afraid of drifting away because somehow I knew exactly where I was down to latitude and longitude. I knew if I was getting washed out to sea or pushed away from camp.

I swam for a while and learned that I could communicate with fish and for some reason they refused to call me anything but princess Icara. I could tell them to do anything and they would fight over the chance to please me. I guess that's a bonus to being the daughter of the Sea God.

I finally got out of the water and laid out on my towel and relaxed. Soon I felt asleep as using my powers so much drained my energy and started to dream.

It was the same twin dream as before but a scene had been added, it was Percy and I fighting. Percy and I were in some cave and we were arguing. I watched helplessly as Percy stabbed me through the chest with his sword. He seemed to wake up from a trance and weep over my body. He was begging the gods to save me that he'd do anything.

*********************************************

I woke up to hands shaking me awake. It was Will.

"Hey, were you having a nightmare?" He asked me.

"Um... Yeah. How did you know?" I said shaking off the dark fog the nightmare left me in.

"The ocean was responding to your fear." I looked at the water it seemed to be acting wild and very different from its calm water before.

"How long was I asleep?" I wondered as he helped me up from the ground.

"I don't know but you missed lunch and you didn't come by the infirmary for me to check on your injury. Don't make me put you on bed rest." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my things and we walked back to camp to the infirmary. Will chatted cheerfully bout different things before looking at me directly.

"So, do you know what's wrong with James? He's been acting all depressed since the other day." I wouldn't meet his blue eyes.

"How would I know?" I defended.

"Well, you two seem close." I just shrugged.

When got to the infirmary he grabbed some bandages and medicine. I laid down on one of the beds. The infirmary looked pretty empty, only a few beds were being used. Will removed the old bandage and look at me in surprise.