15. Attack of the Killer Zombie Boy

I dreamt once again of the cave which held Percy. This time he was not struggling or being tortured.

"Find her and bring her to me. I need to settle this once and for all." Percy shouted orders to a large group of monsters he seemed to be controlling.

The green mist was still around him but, it had now taken the shape of a women and I could tell she was the one was really in control. She whispered into Percy's ear telling him awful things. She then disappeared and let Percy by himself.

He made a sinister laugh. "Soon, sister. This will be all over and you will never be able to terrorize my life anymore." His voice sounded cold compared to the warm, brotherly voice he usually used. I shivered.

************************

I was woken up by James, who said I had been tossing in my sleep.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. I shook my head no and we got off the train.

We got to the station in Portland, Oregon. Realizing that we didn't have enough money to get to Seattle, we decided we'd go back to the Labyrinth since we knew Percy was probably underground anyway. We had enough money to go buy supplies. We went to a camping supply store and bought three new sleeping bag since ours were destroyed, a new lighter, and a new backpack for me since mine was burned and ripped from the Drakon. We stocked up on a ton of energy bars and water that were at the register, using the last of our mortal money.

After we left, we started looking for the nearest entrance to the Labyrinth. It was actually pretty easy to spot.

I mean, who wouldn't notice a group of like ten zombies coming up from a broken fountain in the middle of town. Apparently, mortals. Stupid mortals... They probably think it's some stunt for that zombie show on TV.

Personally, I can't stand zombies. Not that they creep me out, they are just stupid monsters and I don't get the point of them. "Oh, come on! Can't we get one day of no monsters please?" James said shouting to the sky. I laughed, thinking about what I had previously said to Annabeth.

I saw a zombie getting way to close to a mortal women and I knew I had to step in. I ran over to the zombie, which seemed to be dressed as an old miner, grabbing my sword off my belt, and putting it between the mortal and the miner zombie.

"Alright, Zombie Breath. Step away from the human." I said to the zombie and then to the woman. She looked like she was about scream bloody murder.

"Enjoy the show. We're here promoting that new zombie TV show." I tried to convince her.

"The Walking Dead?"

"Yeah, that's the one." I sent a thumbs up to the boys to start hacking away at the zombies. I attacked the one in front of me.

In ten minutes we were all breathing hard and had managed to send all the zombies back to their graves. I heard cheering.

Apparently, a crowd had formed around and they all believed my lie. I bowed and the boys looked at me confused.

"Just do it. They think it was a show. A stunt for that Walking Dead show." I said through my smiling teeth.

They copied me and soon the crowd diminished and we were able to slip into the maze where, Lucas was waiting. His gaze seemed to say What took you so long? He was still limping and his fur matted with healing wounds that my water couldn't heal.

Sweating in my hoodie I took it off, once again revealing my orange Camp Half-Blood tank top. We started walking down the tunnel and soon realized that the zombies up top weren't the only ones.