7. Our Secret Song

After dinner, everyone went to the camp sing-a-long. I figured James would be leading it again so i'd be on my own again. Everyone around me was whispering about how he was the best musician to come from Apollo in nearly a century. I rolled my eyes and knew all of this talk was going to go to his head when he finds out about it.

When we arrived at the Amphitheater, all the campers filed in to the rows in the front. Some chose to sit in the back away from everyone, mostly couples. I sat away from the crowd but not as far as the couples. I hated sing-a-longs. James always told me I have a beautiful singing voice but that still didn't make me want to sing camp songs with people I barely knew. I sighed wishing he wasn't a Apollo kid so he could come sit with me. I sat down and closed my eyes pretending I was somewhere else.

A few seconds later, my daydream was interrupted by a hand on my shoulder. 

"James? Hey. Shouldn't you be up there?" I whispered to him and pointed towards the front.

"They can handle it tonight. Camp songs aren't my thing anyway. I'd must rather some rock or jazz music any day." I laughed but the pain on my chest stopped me.

"You ok?" He said with a worried expression.

"Yeah, never better. Just a gaping hole in my chest and a headache from the tone deaf Ares kids."

He laughed this time. "Come on. Let's go somewhere else and hang out." I nodded.

We walked away from the crowd and the sound of singing faded away. We came across Canoe Lake and sat on the dock. We took off our shoes and put our feet in the water. It felt really good. The moment I put my foot in the water, my headache and dizziness went away. I stretched my arms back, flinching a little at the pain, and laid back on the dock. James did the same lying next to me, looking at the stars.

"Hey, Do you think we will ever meet them?" He asked breaking the silence.

"Who?"

"Our godly parents." He answered.

"Maybe. Percy said he's met all of the Olympians multiple times and quite a few of the minor gods. So, I guess the chances are high."

"I wonder what my dad is like." He said.

"I bet he's hot." James turns on his side and gives me a look. I laughed."What? He's the sun god so of course he's hot." He shakes his head and chuckles. "I mean, look at you. I pretty sure you didn't get your looks from your mom."

He blushed so much I could see it in the dim light of the moon. "You think I'm hot?"

I blushed. "I didn't say that. Everyone used to come up to me saying I was so lucky I was best friends with the hottest boy in school. I guess I agree with them. I never really thought about it much."

"Hmmm. Hottest boy in school. Interesting... I wonder if it's the same here." He gazed at stars.

"Hate to break it to you but, Dr. Hot Stuff Solace has got you beat. Big time." He turned to look at me.

"You mean Will? HA! You know he sleeps with a stuffed Minotaur at night, right?"

"Oh my gods, he does? That's hilarious." We laughed for a while.

"Don't tell anyone, all right? He'd kill me." I nodded and sighed.

He looked at me confused by my sudden mood change. "What's wrong?"

"I just realized that even if I wanted to tell someone I couldn't because I've made like no friends here yet."

"It's only been like three days don't worry you will." He replied confidently.