Ch. 4

~| three unsuccessful years later |~

Percy's POV

Percy was walking to his and his mum's apartment when he thought he heard silent footsteps behind him, slowly moving in sync to his steps.

Percy turned around to see who or what it was and saw the shadows swiftly moving away from him.

Percy ran off to see what it was but when he got to the shadows there was nothing there. It must just be me Percy thought when he saw that there was nothing there.

Percy had reached their apartment and went to go grab some delicious blue cookies when he also heard the door opening again. Again there was nothing there! I am so tired I know that, but I don't think that that was my head Percy thought again.

He went to go to the table slowly and carefully when someone behind the counter stood up slowly, all dressed in black clothing and a black mask (like Cinder Fall from RWBY vol. 2 Ep. 10 on roosterteeth.com, Dance Dance Infiltration) covering a part of their face.

Percy knew at once that this person was a boy. They had curly brown hair in the same style as a boys' hair. He had brown eyes too. This description left Percy wondering if he had seen this guy before. He knew that he had.

The assassin didn't say anything at all. They only grinned from cheek to cheek. This left Percy knowing this guy from ages ago, but he didn't know who it was. He would dwell on that later on.

Assassin's POV

It didn't look like he knew me too well. Unlucky for him, I did. Well, he certainly looked puzzled.
'Do I know you?' He asked. I didn't reply.

'Well, if that's how we're going to do things here, then so be it.' He said again. He didn't remember me, and although that hurt me a little in the remains of my once warm heart, it was a good sign.

I held up my hand. When I willed it to, a ball of black fire appeared in it.

Percy's POV

I couldn't believe it. In his hands was a ball of fire. Except this wasn't an ordinary fire. The flames were pure darkness!

Percy remembered annabeth and Chiron talking about a certain type of fire once. The fire was made up of different types of dark energy and emotions. Only special fire takers could use it, but it would still be like having someone lightly scratch you to be able to touch it. For normal people, it was like swimming in the River Styx. Except you have to times that pain twenty times.

Apparently it was called Hellfire. It's only mastered by the betrayed an forgotten. That is where it would get it's inheritance name. Fire of the forgotten.

Percy was stopped in the middle of his thoughts, as a shower of hellfire towered over him.

hello humans! Sorry for the delay (of one day) as the phone got stuck in the car and the car was getting the breaks fixed. Hope you understand and we will try not to give you the cliffhanger next time!

~Luna