Ch. 5

|~|song: courtesy call |~|

Hey my peeps! Sorry about that cliffhanger before. Brigette thought it was a good idea to make you wait longer. *glares at brigette* *whispers* you owe me extra food tonight.

We have the urge to delete this story because we feel like no one is even reading this. Should we delete it?

Anyway, off with the story we go!

WAIT I FORGOT THE EPIC BATTLE BETWEEN THE ASSASSIN AND PERCY!!

TO SEE A DESCRIPTION OF IT, GO TO THE CHAPTER AFTER CHAPTER NINE!!

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Annabeth's POV

It all happened in a blink of an eye. I didn't know what to do of course, so I just ducked and rolled, avoiding the deadly fire. It was worse than Greek fire so she wanted to stay clear of hellfire.

'Everyone, duck and roll' She yelled. Unfortunately, it dawned on Annabeth  that the assassin was once a camper so they knew what this was. How else did they know how to get into camp?

He littered the floor with hellfire, obviously trying to cause as much pain as possible. It was getting increasingly difficult to breath in the room. Chiron was galloping through all the fire, trying to get to it's master.

'Hm, you guys just seem to be pleading for more pain. Very well, then.' The assassin said coldly. This surprised Annabeth greatly. His voice was empty, but extremely strange. It made Annabeth wonder.
He hesitated to attack for a moment, which made Annabeth think thank he somehow used to have a good heart. All of her hope went down the drain when she looked at his eyes. Oh, how those dreadful eyes looked upon them. Even now, it still sends shivers down her spine.

Then something strange happened next. Something that was seriously impossible.

The assassin raised his hand, and a black Phoenix came out of his hand. Literally, it came out of his hand. It was beautiful, despite it being completely black. Black fire was trailing off its whole body. It had white eyes with nothing inside of them. No pupils, colour or anything. Too bad those eyes were basically it's heart.

'Attack.'

The black Phoenix was swooping towards them with great speed. Annabeth screamed at Te top of her lungs, 'RUN!' She hoped that they all remembered that the door wasn't locked and that they weren't necessarily trapped in there.

But the bird was already upon her friends. Annabeth didn't want to loose them. She did the only thing left to do. She attacked the bird with her new knife.

She stabbed it in the middle, causing it to screech, but it's death wasn't all that bad. Before she hit it though, it kind of evaporated in its own, hopefully making it less painful for the beautiful beast. The room was filled with a harmonic sound. Annabeth seemed to forget that when a Phoenix dies, a special song of the Phoenix can be heard. It is one of the most beautiful things in life. She also forgot another thing a Phoenix does when it dies.

'Well, you seem to have incredible knowledge. Just like how I used to remember, Annabeth.'

Annabeth froze there for a second. How did he know her name? This was definitely a demigod from camp. Just from long ago. That was when it clicked together. All the pieces of evidence fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. How did she not notice it before? She needed to be quick with this, her friends were starting to be cooked alive. That is something you don't want to experience.

'How many years ago did you leave camp?' Annabeth asked quickly and nervously.

'Why, Annabeth, you really are smart. Hm, I don't really feel like answering though. Maybe some other time.' He replied bitterly. But he didn't need to reply anyway.

'It was three years ago, wasn't it?' Annabeth said again. This time, a little more confidently.

The assassin looked at loss for words, but suddenly disappeared, along with all the fire in the room.

Annabeth ran over to Percy first, and was super relieved to see that he was gaining conscious again.

'Are you alright Percy?' Annabeth said worriedly. 'I'm fine, thanks to you.' Percy replied weakly.

After treating everyone and making sure that they were all fine, frank asked where the guy went. 'Guys, I think I know who he is.' Annabeth said with a shaky breath.

Who? I can't think of anyone who would do such a thing.' Piper said.

Annabeth had a sick feeling in my stomach, she wouldn't believe her own answer if there wasn't as much evidence.

'Guys, I have a bad feeling that they might be Leo Valdez.'

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Neheheheheee! Didn't expect that at all, did you? *u all probs did I suck at surprises*

What will happen next? Will they convince their friend to step make into the light? Will they be destroyed? And will Jason admit his feelings towards bricks? Stay tuned for more! (If we don't delete this)

K lol u got another cliffy ahahajaahahaahahabbabahabbahahahaha

K I'll see you soon then guys we hope you enjoyed the longer chapter! Bye!

~Luna and Brigette