Ch. 7

Jason's POV

Everyone ducked just in time, but the Phoenix wasn't that stupid to fall for another ducking trick again. It lashed its claws down at Frank as he was ducking and cut his back open, ripping his shirt and leaving a huge smouldering wound there.

'Frank!' Hazel called as she tried to stab the black bird.

Frank was nearly unconscious on the ground. He was turning into all sorts of different animals, trying to lessen the chance of being knocked out.

Jason had realised that if he flipped his coin then the Phoenix would just grab t in midair. So that meant that his imperial gold (what was it called?) wasn't of much use right now.

Percy summoned a wave of water and directed it towards the Phoenix, but it only smouldered a little. It was made of hellfire, and that stuff doesn't die down easily.

Then the Phoenix blew a ray of fire at them all, and boy, the heat was intense even if it was about five metres away. Jason then realised that his shoe was on fire.

lol

He was able to put it out after lots of stamping, but he realised that he needed to somehow help save his friends.

Jason looked at Percy in the eyes and said something that only he and Percy could hear. They formed a plan.

Jason summoned the winds and blew them all towards the Phoenix, making the fire die down a little due to the massive winds. Percy was able to summon the waters and drowned the bird in water.

The plan was working, but of course, that was when everything had to go wrong.

The bird curled up into a sort of ball and started to glow, increasing the heat in the room.
Hotter and hotter it got, until they couldn't stand it for much longer.

Then, the great black ball of fire burst, shooting flames in every direction and giving birth to an even bigger Phoenix.

It seemed pretty much impossible to defeat it.

The bird shrieked and lunged towards Piper. But suddenly, it dissolved along with all the fire in the room.

Had they been hallucinating?

But, that was when Jason realised it.

'Guys are you all okay?' Frank asked.
'We were nearly turned into cooked demigod and you're asking if we're all okay?!' Piper said, a little annoyed that she didn't get to help save them.

'Calm down, piper. I think that we should be glad that we aren't dead. But, why did it suddenly dissolve into mist?' Percy said, a puzzled look on his face.

'Hey, you guys know that it was only a Phoenix made out of someone else's fire? Someone must have been controlling it,' Jason said quietly. Annabeth liked at him, a look of understanding on her face.

'That would mean tha-' Jason started.
'That the summoner decided to put the flames out. He didn't want us to die that easily I guess.' Annabeth finished.

'I think that all the evidence points to the summoner being Leo. Our missing friend.' Hazel said, her face getting wet as tears rolled down her cheeks.

'Correct.'

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Hello guys! First things first:

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME REACH 100 VIEWS AND MORE! I couldn't have done it without you all! Keep it up guys! I love you all and without you then I would have already quit the story! So again, THANKYOU!!!

Also, I will be selecting some languages to learn. So, I have chosen these languages so far:
Greek, Spanish, Italian, French and possibly German too! So, I will sometimes say things in different languages just to practice.

Hope you guys enjoyed this bit that I managed to get out of my dark dangerous drafting pit of despair.

¡Que pase un buen dia!

~Brigette (I'm gonna call myself eclipse from now on)

~Eclipse