Chapter 1

Amber~

"Amber I thought I told you dumb ass to pick my damn clothed up off the floor!"
Keith was already yelling at me and I just got home from work.
"Keith I was at work all day. How was I-"
I was cut off by a slap across my face. Before I knew it I had tears streaming down my cheeks.
"Now what are you about to go up stairs to do?!" He questioned with a threatening tone.
I stood up whooping my tears.  Afraid to look up and make eye contact I said. "I'm gonna shut up and pick up your clothes."
I quickly walked up the stairs holding my head down too scared to do something to anger anymore than he already was.
Separating his clothes from whites to color I carried the clothes to the laundry room. After I finished, I walked toward our bedroom hoping to take a shower in the connecting bathroom.
"You're sleeping on the couch tonight." He hands me a blanket along with a pillow.

******

I woke up the following morning with a headache on the couch. I have to be to to work in a few so I took a quick shower, dressed in my scrubs and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I walked into the room to grab my keys and stethoscope. Keith was still asleep. I'm glad because he probably would have started another argument, which would have ended with me getting hurt.
"Morning Amber." One of the doctors greet me as I clock in.
"Good morning." I reply with a smile. After clocking in I went through my chart to see what I had to do for today.
After going through my charts I went to work. I knocked twice on the door before I got an answer. "Come in." The voice of an old man said.
"Hey Mr. Johnson ready to take your meds. "
"Yeah would you mind getting me a glass of water." He replied
"That's no problem at all." I grabbed his cup off of the nightstand and filled it up with cold water.
"Need anything else before I leave?"

"No I'm fine sweetie. Thank you. "

"You're welcome you have your call light just press the button if you need anything." I shot him a smile before leaving.

Next I had to go to Mrs. Kings room she has dementia. She's been here for about two weeks. Mrs. King had a pretty bad fall in the group home she was in causing her to break her hip. They fixed her hip but she lost a lot of blood in surgery so we've been giving her blood.

"How you doing today Mrs. King"

"Who are you?"

"I'm Amber. I'm your nurse I just need to change your IV. Okay?"

"Is my daughter still mad at me."

"Mrs. King your daughters coming to visit you today she said she'd be here at about twelve o'clock. "

"What time is it now?"

"It is ten thirty."

"She's not coming I know she's not."

I checked her IV everything was good with her.

"Is my daughter mad at me?"

"No Mrs. King she'll be here in like an hours and a half."

"That's a long time from now."

"Maybe you should watch some tv to keep yourself occupied until she gets here."

___________

Leaving work I went to chipotle to grab something to eat then straight home. I don't want to anger Keith. When I pulled up to the drive way his car wasn't there. I'm kind of hopping he isn't here so I can get some peace.

Today must've been my lucky day because I walked into an empty house. I took a nice long shower I even got to wash my hair. I rubbed lotion on my body then dressed in my pajamas

________________

Tell me what you guys think.

Amber and Quees will meet in the next chapter.

Please comment vote hope you guys enjoy.