Chapter 28

Amber~
"Don't worry baby sista once the divorce is final Ava and I will be back here." Cassy hugged me.

"Later princess." I hugged my niece one last time before they left.

I sat alone in a boring silence until Jacquees came home.

"Hey baby. How was work?"

"It was aiight. Tired though."

"I didn't cook today but I can order you something. You want Chinese?"

"Yea dat sound good."

I just ordered the food online.

"It should be here in like twenty minutes. Come cuddle with me until then."

Keyshia
11:30 pm

I was laying in bed, with Keith's arm wrapped tightly around me as he slept. This is how he slept every night; which made me wonder if he was afraid of me running off on him. That's besides the point. How am I gonna get out of bed without waking him?

I tried to pry his hands from around my waist but his grip was too tight. The funny thing is he's sleeping.

Im running low on time so I don't have much of a choice but to pull my body out of his arms.

He moved around a bit before opening his eyes a little.

"I'm just going to check on Kiah." I whispered.

"Come right back." He said before closing his eyes again.

I stood there for a minute just to be sure he went back to sleep; now I have no time to waste, I went straight to Ava's room taking her out of her crib and grabbed the duffel bag out of the closet.

I carried Ava and the duffel bag down to the basement where her stroller is.

I have to move fast, the bus going downtown will be at the stop at 1:30

After strapping Kiah in her stroller, I did a quick check to make sure I had everything and I ran out the basement door that leads us outside.

When we finally made it to the bus stop down the street Kiah started getting fussy.

"What's wrong with mommas baby ?" I pulled her stroller closer to me.

"You want your cuppy?" I asked pulling her cup of apple juice out of her bag.

Once I gave it to her she calmed down.

Not too long after the bus came. I gathered everything and pushed Kiah to the bus.

I struggled getting on the bus but I got some help by a young boy he looked around seventeen.

"Thank you honey." I said with a slight smile.

"You welcome." He returned the gesture.

Im actually surprised I got help, you know how a lot of teens of this generation are.

The bus was empty for the most part, so it wasn't a struggle finding somewhere to sit.

"She's beautiful. How old is she?" An older woman asks.

"She's eight months." I respond smiling

"Aww she's precious."

"Thank you."

When the bus brought us downtown I had to rush to get to the one that was bringing us to the gas station. Luckily we made it.

This bus ride was short and we made it to the gas station in fifteen minute.

I kept my eye open for Monica. The last time I spoke to her she told me to look out for a woman with thick curly hair most likely wearing an oversized sweater.

"Excuse me. Keyshia?" I heard a voice from behind me.

I turned around and saw a caramel complexion woman with wild curls and big glasses.

"Yeah that's me." I gave her a shy smile.

"How was the bus ride?"

"It was ok the Kiah slept most of the way here."

"That's good. So there's been a change of plans instead of taking a plane we're gonna drive I have to pick up another woman just in Augusta. I wasn't able to get her and her kids extra tickets.

I nodded my head.

"Well do you have to use the bathroom before we get on the road?"

"Nah I'm not a fan of public bathrooms."

"Okay well let's get going."

Y'all this bitch has a hummer. Her back seat is fucking huge.

The car ride wasn't long picking up this next lady.

We made it to the next destination and there was a woman with two daughters. One of them looked Kiah age the other one looked around three or four.

Monica helped her with her things and she sat in the back seat with me

"Keyshia this is Amina. Amina this is Keyshia."

We both smiled.

"You two will have plenty of time to to get to know each other."

"She's cute how old is she?" Amina asks.

"Eight months.  How old are your daughters?"

"Nine months and three. This is Cori and Bronx."

"They're beautiful. This is Kiah."

"How did you find out about Monica?"

"I did a lot of research. I had to get me and my daughter out of this situation."

"I know exactly what you mean. My daughters father pulled a gun out on me in front of them. That was the last straw for me."

"My breaking point was when her father snatched her up. He was basically man handling her."

"You ever wonder how you even ended up in this situation? Like I never thought I'd have to hide away from my babyfather." She looked up at me.

"I wasn't really looking at it that way. I just kept telling myself that I can't raid my daughter in this situation. I was looking at it as a new begging, yah know?"

"Maybe I should look at it that way to."

"Yeah just think you have a chance to raise  your daughters in a safe loving environment." I told her.

"You're right."