Chapter 20

Amber~
"Momma these greens are good." My brother Cal said with a mouth full of food. We were all eating as my mom watched with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face knowing she did that.

I was already on my third plate but I still had room for dessert my parents house was pretty packed

I was already on my third plate but I still had room for dessert my parents house was pretty packed. A lot of family stayed after my moms party for thanksgiving.

"Ava!"  Cassy scrunched her face at her. Ava took a hand full of yams off Cassy's plate and put them in her mouth causing everyone but Cassy to laugh.

She popped Ava's hand and put her down. Ava crawled over to me.

"Don't pick her up Amber!" Cassy yelled to me like I would actually listen. I picked Ava up and we both gave her mother a haha look.

"Eat!" Ava yelled

"She just hungry mommy" I said In my baby voice.

"No she just hungry cause everybody else eating I fed her before I made myself a plate."

I rolled my eyes and fed her off my plate.

Cassy ~
I swear since we been here Amber and my parents been spoiling Ava. Now she feels like she should always get her way.
Not too long after Dre walked in.

"Hey everybody." He waved to everyone getting a few hellos I return. Amber and I both looked at each other. Couldn't he have come a little later good as this food is he just gave me a bad taste in my mouth. I'll talk to him when there's less people around.

"Later" I mouthed to her. All she did was nod.

He planted a kiss on my forehead before saying "hey baby." I tried not to roll my eyes but I'm pretty sure I did anyway.  "I'm good."

Everybody was in their own separate conversations. "Guys we're gonna get going we still have to go to his moms house." Amber said

We each said our "see you laters" and they were on there way.

Jacquees~🍫
We pulled up to my mommas house parking next to a green Honda. Probably one of my cousins cars. When we got in we were greeted by family. I introduced Amber to a few more family members she ain't met before while keeping an eye on some uh my cousins. I trust Amber and all, but some things my cousins could get out a pocket.

Amber and my cousin Raina clung to each other and I went to the garage with the guys.

Amber~
I met more of the family and the women asked a lot of questions. That's understandable considering he's a great guy and has a lot to offer. They just wanna be sure I bring something to the table to. Eventually I got into a conversation with one of his cousins Raina? I think her name is. Anyway she's cool. She's graduating this spring with a degree in physical therapy. So I told her I'd put in a good word for her at my job.

"Yeah the physical therapy team there are all great people." I told her

"So do I apply online or?"