Chapter 2

Jaquees~
After I got the call about my mothers heart attack. I rushed over to Piedmont Hospital. When I got there my mom was awake but she had a bunch of shit attached to her. My uncle Lee was there with her.

"What happened?"

"I was having chest pain I thought it was just a little heart burn but your uncle Lee insisted that I go to the hospital. When I got here they said I was having a heart attack."

"Mamma how did you mistake your heart attack for heart burn?" I just don't get it a heart attack is way more serious than heart burn.

"I don't know. I'm just thanking God your uncle was there."

"Me to. "Who knows what could've happened if he wasn't there.

"Did they say when she was getting out of here."  I looked over at my uncle

"Nah they running some tests on her to see if there's anything else wrong before they send her home."

"Ms. Broadnax. "

The nurse walked in and boy was she fine.
"You seam to be doing better. How are you feeling."

"I'm fine it's just crazy I didn't even know I was having a heart attack."

"That very common in women "

"Why is that" I asked curious to know.

"Well women tend to have a higher pain tolerance than men so when they have a heart attack they often think it's just a little heart burn. So they think if they take some tums they'll be okay but that's not always the case."

I nodded and watched as she refilled the fluid on my mothers IV.

"What does she need that for?" I asked pointing to the blood that was being pumped into her.

"She lost a lot of blood when they did the emergency surgery. It's not uncommon she's doing great now actually." She smiled.

"Are you sure she'll be okay ?"

"Positive. She responded well to everything. She's doing fine." She smiled at me again showing off her purely whites.

"When will she be able to get out of here?"

"That's up to the doctor. But it shouldn't be too far from now."

"Boy stop asking her all these questions." My mother tells me.

"My fault ." I looked at the nurse with a shy smile.

"It's fine that's what I'm here for."

We made eye contact for a while until she frowned and looked back at her clip board.

"Well how are you feeling?" She asks looking at my momma

"I'm fine just a little sore."

"That's normal after a heart attack. But you're doing a lot great some people lose sight in one or both eyes, or parts of their bodies become paralyzed. I can talk to the doctor about some pain killers though."