Chapter 13

Amber~
Keyshia had her baby and is now on maternity leave. It's not like she really worked when she was here so it didn't make a difference that she was gone. I'd just checked on my last patient and was now clocking out. My moms making a dinner this weekend for her and my Daddy to meet my man. I'm really excited cause I know they're gonna love him.

Walking into my house I immediately took my scrubs off and put them in the washer machine and hopped in the shower.

I washed with my cherry blossom body wash from bath and body works.  After drying off I used my black vanilla lotion applied deodorant and put on shorts and tank top.

I know Bri is at work it she's her own boss nobody can fire her so I think I'll call her.

After about the second ring she picked up.

"Hello"

"Bitch I'm bored."

"You would think since you have a man now you'd bother him instead of me."

"He doesn't get out work till later."

"Well come by the salon."

"I'll be there in like five minutes."

At Bir's salon you leave with your hair, eyebrows, nails slayed you also have a whole bunch of tea.

I got dressed and went to the door with my keys.

I parked my car right next to Brianna's.

Walking in I was greeted by a bunch of women with their hair in roller sets.

"Hey Amber."

"Wassup guys. Where's Bri?"

"Right here!" She was doing Kira's hair she's an old friend of ours from high school.

"Wassup. You look good." Kira says

"Yeah she got that no longer fucking wit a fuck boy glow." Bri said.

"Nah I think that's the I gotta new man glow. " Kia one of Bri's regular customers said.

I laughed. "Maybe a little bit of both."

"Did y'all hear Keyshia and Keith had their baby." A girl  sitting under the drier said.

"Yeah but I heard that his momma takes care of the baby."

"That's crazy how you got the grandmother taking care of the new born baby." Another woman said.

I laughed because I a little happy to see Keith ain't doing too good without me.

"You know he got fired from his job at McDonald's up the street. He got caught trying to steal cleaning stuff on many occasions. My niece works there she told me!"

"That's crazy that whole family's a mess Amber I'm glad you got the hell out of dodge." Kia said.

"Girl me too!"

"I just want you to set me up with your fine ass brother." Kira said.

Everybody laughed. My phone rang and a picture of Quees popped up on the screen.

"Hello" A smile formed on my face immediately when I heard his voice.

"Hey baby. You outa work?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Wassup?"

"Wanna come over I'm making dinner tonight."