Chapter 23

Amber~
"Yes" she replies.

"The surgeries were a success. Right now it's up to him on when he's going to wake up."

"Is there any way I could see him?" I ask

"I don't think so. At least not tonight you need to stay in bed."

"But I only got shot in my shoulder I'm fine."

"Amber your blood pressure is 160/90 and your pulse is up to 180 beats per minute. You're a medical professional and you and I both know those numbers are too high."

"I'd feel a lot better if you guys were to untie me and let me see him."

"Amber just calm down. I'm gonna go check on Jacquees. I'll let him know you're worried."

"Please tell him I'm sorry and that I love him."

"I will now calm down before the send you to the eighth floor."

I ain't even going crazy like that. I think I'm acting how anybody would. In this situation. I just nodded my head and went to the room Ja
Jacquees was in.

I few minutes pass by and I manage to calm myself down enough to where my vital signs are back to normal.

I pressed my call button and asked if I could have some come take the restraints off of me so I could use the bathroom.

..

"Thank you. I don't think you have to put this back on me. You guys actually weren't even supposed to restrain me in the first place. A physician is supposed to sign off on it before you restrain anyone. I just wasn't in the right mind to even say anything about it.

"I didn't have anything to do with that. I was just told to help you to the bathroom."

"Well you can exit my room now."

I swear  I'm finding another job after the way I been treated here. I can't believe I actually work at a hospital like this.

••••
"Amber you don't gotta worry about nothin cause a soon as I find him he's done."

"I don't even care about Keith at this moment. I just want to see Jacquees. I been tied to the bed since I got here. And they only let me go once when I went to the bathroom."

"I just checked on him. We're still waiting on him to open his eyes."

"Can you press my call button? I need them to take me out of these restaurants."

I did just that and moments later one of the nurses Sidney was in here

"Look don't know what anybody in this hospital has against me. But I know my rights as a patient and I shouldn't even be tied up like this. Now you and I both know this is false imprisonment and I have every right to file a lawsuit against the hospital when I get out of here so I think it would be your best bet to let me out of these restraints." I rose my eyebrow at her and she untied the restraints.

There were marks on my wrist where the the restraints once were.

"Andre take a picture of this. Imma sue the fuck outa this hospital when me and Que get out of here."

He did as told. My arms were sore from not being able to move them.

I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I changed into some regular clothes.

"I'm going to check on him. You coming?"

"Yeah. I'm coming."

"Well I need you to show me what room he's in anyway."

"He's on the fifth floor in room." He said as we walked to the elevator.

"Cassy said she'll be out here this weekend." He told me.

"Oh. I hope she don't feel like she has to put her life on hold for me."

"Amber you're the baby Were always gonna be worried bout you."

When we got to his room they had him on a ventilator and some IV's. His mother was in there along with his uncle and sister who I've only been around a few times.

"They finally let you out of bed?" His mother says.

" yeah I had to make a couple threats but it got me in here."

His sister just had her head down like she was praying or something then she looked up at me not saying a word then she looked back down. Before saying she had to leave.

"Does she blame me for this? Is she mad at me?" I asked his mother.

"No honey she just gets like that when she grieving. Mir just doesn't know how to express herself when she's going through something."

To be completely honest I don't know how true this is but I can't blame Miracle if she thinks this is my fault. Shit it is my fault.

"Maybe we should leave these two alone." His uncle said.

"Yeah your right we should be leaving soon anyway." She walked over to Jacquees who's being kept alive by machines and whispered in his ear before kissing him and saying "I love you baby you got this."

Everyone left and it was just him and me in the room.

I grabbed the chair closest to his bed and brought it even closer. I grabbed onto his hand trying as hard as I could not to cry.

"Hey baby it's me,Amber. I need to start off by just saying thank you for saving me. You really are the greatest blessing in my life and that's why I need you to pull through. For now I just want you to take all the time you need to rest so that you're completely healed and back to yourself. Even though you've only been in my life for such a shout amount of time I don't want to imaging living without you. And I'll be here everyday taking care of you until I can take you home with me. I love you sexy."

I kissed his forehead.

•••••