What Was Your Name Again?

I pretend like the panties aren't mine.

"Nope, no definitely not," I say denying it.

"Are you sure?" He asks. "Cause I swear those were the colours..."

"Ow! My leg," I interrupt him. He forgets what he was saying and he puts more of my weight on him.

"Lean on me more," he says.

We get into the elevator. In the elevator, it says that we are on the twelfth floor, PH. He lives in the penthouse suite. The elevator ride is quiet thank God. I don't need to discuss my panties on the hallway floor. Hopefully, the housekeepers will clean it up before he gets back. When we get out of the elevator, we arrive in the underground parking lot.

"Please tell me you parked close," I say.

"Don't worry, we don't have to walk to the car," he says.

A car approaches us and a man comes out of it. He gives the keys to what's his name.

"Here you are, Mr. Knight," the man says. He drives a mustang. He grabs the keys and helps me into the car. I struggle a bit to get the seatbelt going. I'm I still drunk?

"Need help with that?" He asks me.

"A little," I say a bit embarrassed. He clips it for me. His face passes by mine closely as he pulls out. Even after the night. He smells and looks great. "Such a gentleman," I say. He hops in his seat and put his seatbelt on with no problem. He makes his way out of the parking lot and in no time he's driving on the road.

"Shoot, I just realized I left my purse at the hotel. My health card is in it," I say.

"Don't worry about it, I'll pay for any charges."
I want to deny his offer but I feel like he wouldn't let me. Plus what else can I do? I have no money on me and honestly, from what I remember, my purse can be anywhere. When we get to the hospital, he parks it in an accessible parking place.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"Can you walk?" He asks jokingly. "We should probably get you the sticker too." I roll my eyes.

"Well aren't you a joker?" I say sarcastically.
He helps me into the hospital and we check in.

"How long will the wait be?" I ask the triage nurse.

"I can't say for sure. Could be a few hours, there are quite a few people in here," she replies. We find empty seats in the waiting room. His phone rings, he looks at it and turns off the ringer. After a few minutes of waiting nothing has been said between us. He grabs a magazine that's on a nearby table.

"You don't have to stay," I tell him.

"And leave you here alone? That wouldn't be very gentleman of me would it?" He smiles. "I'll wait, it's okay."

"You sure, you just seem very busy."

"What makes me seem busy?"

"You keep checking the time," I point out.

"I like knowing what time it is," he says.

"Okay," I say as I shrug.

We wait in the waiting room for hours before a doctor finally calls my name.

"Hi, I'm doctor Martin."

"Hey, I'm Ava."

"I hear your ankle is hurting. Can you tell me what happened, Ava?" The doctor asks me.

Instead of telling him the embarrassing story of how I actually twisted my foot, I jump to the part where I fell off the bed.

"Alright, we'll do an x-Ray and get a better look," the doctor says as he pulls in the x-Ray. He puts on a vest and gives one to... Ugh, I can't seem to remember his name. He's paying my medical bills yet I don't know his name. Does that make me a bad person? The doctor pulls the X-ray from the wall and positions it above my ankle. He takes a few pictures.

"Alright all done," the doctor says and pushes away the x-Ray. "Give me a moment to process the x-Ray shots. I'll be back." He leaves the room. The room grows quiet. Should I ask him his name now?

"Think you're going to have to wear a cast and use crutches?" He asks jokingly. "If you do, can I sign it?"

"Makes sense since your paying for it," I joke to him. He laughs.

"A girl with a sense of humour," he says, "I appreciate that."

We talk some more before the doctor comes back in.

"Well Ava, I've got your results," he says as he puts up the pictures of my x-ray. "Looks like you've fractured your foot." He points to the part of my foot that I fractured and tells me that I have to wear a cast for six weeks.

"Six weeks?" I shriek. "How I'm I going to work?"

"I'll give you a doctor's note," the doctor says. Unless you can work sitting down, I suggest you don't work at all. Walking too much without it will place a lot of stress on your other ankle. You will need crutches so I'll put that order in. Also, your ankle needs to be elevated when you're sitting down. Understand?"

"Yeah," I answer feeling defeated. Missing work is something I cannot afford to do right now. It's what's helping me pay for school and rent. The doctor wraps my foot and puts on the cast. He then hands me the crutches.

"You're all set to go," he says. I get set on the crutches and we walk back to his car. He puts my crutches in the back seat and helps me into the car.

"I'm sorry but I have to get to work in an hour," he says. "Is there somewhere you want me to drop you off?"

"Yes, my house," I reply

"Alright, just tell me where it is."

I tell him my address and he takes me there. When we arrive at my place, he helps me with my crutches.

"Thanks," I say. He offers to walk me inside but I politely decline.

"Alright, well it was nice meeting you Ava," he grabs my hand and smiles. That's when I see the dimple on the left side of his cheek.

"You too, uh..."

"Noah," he says. I feel so embarrassed.

"Sorry. It was nice meeting you, Noah. Thanks again for paying for my crutches and cast" I let go of his hands and struggle to get myself up the stairs. When I finally do, I look back and he's still there. He's leaning on the car laughing at me. I shake my head. Unbelievable. It's like he likes to watch me suffer. I remember that I don't have my keys. I ring the doorbell praying that Dayna is home.

"You locked out?" Noah calls from the car. I'm about to answer when the door swings open. Oh, thank God! A guy wrapped in a towel opens the door?

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm John," he replies.

"Where's Dayna?"

"She's still in bed. Can I help you?"

I brush past him and enter my home. I go straight to my room and drop the crutches on the floor. I try to itch my foot, but my cast is blocking the way. How I'm I going to take a shower with this thing? I look out the window before I make my way to the bathroom.

Noah is gone.