Getting nowhere

After multiple stories from Sasha, Noah interrupts her.
"Sorry to interrupt Sash, but can I borrow Ava?"
"Fine, but bring her back, please?" He laughs and takes me by the hand.
I follow him out of the house and into the back. His backyard is huge. He leads to me a garden walkway. It's a path lit by lights and surrounded by roses and white orchards. It's pretty but not as beautiful as the park he took me to.
"So my sister really took a liking to you, huh?" He says.
"I guess she did." I laugh. "She's very nice and honest. I like her."
"And you made quite an impression on my dad,"
"But not your mom," I say quietly.
"Yeah, there's that. She's a tough person, she'll come around... Eventually. She's been wanting me to get married to Devlin for forever.."
"Yeah, Sasha told me."
"Of course she did, one conversation with her and I bet you know my whole family history," he jokes.
"Maybe a bit," I admit.
He laughs.
His face gets serious. "I never knew that about your dad, I'm sorry. I wanted to say all that at dinner but I couldn't really get a word in."
"Yeah. I was only six years old, but I remember it so vividly."

"What happened?" he asked.

"It was a car crash. I remember I had this pink teddy bear that I never let go of. I remember falling asleep in the back with my brother Daniel." Tears start falling down my eyes. "I heard a big banging noise. I got up. I remember smoke coming from the car and half the car was dented in. There was blood coming from my brother's head. I shook him but he didn't move. My dad looked like he was asleep. I think he passed out. I was able to crawl out the car. I stood near it calling my dad's name, hoping he'd get up. But he didn't. A stranger picked me up and put me down near the end of the highway. I walked forward. I wanted to tell him to save my dad and my brother, but the car started to smoke even more and then It blew up. Right in front of me. Metal pieces flying everywhere. Then I heard the ambulance sirens."

I don't realize until he hugs me that I'm shaking.
"And now all I have is my grandma, but most of the time she doesn't even remember me."
He hugs me tightly and for a long time. I love this feeling. I love being in his arms. He smells like the sweater I borrowed from him.
He lets go of me and his hands are on my shoulders now. He moves down my shoulders and is now holding my hands. "You're very brave, you know that?"
I look down. "I'm not," I say.
He lifts my face up by my chin. "You are." We lock eyes. He stares at me for a while. His stare runs shivers down my body. My heart beats fast. I just want to kiss him. He lets go and looks away. He gets a text.
"I have to talk to my dad real quick." He says. "I'll take you home after okay?" I nod and follow him.

We walk back into the house and he leaves me in the living room. I spot a piano. I look around and no one is there. I sit down and play. I quietly sing a song that I wrote.
"You're really good," Noah says walking towards me.
I quickly take my hands off the piano. I don't usually play in front of anyone.
"I should probably drive you home," he says.

Noah announces that I'm leaving. Sasha runs down the stairs and hugs me. "It was so nice meeting you. We should go out sometime. Maybe when you find out the gender we'll go shopping?" I agree.

His dad comes from his office and he hugs me. "Thanks for coming Ava, hope to see you soon," he says.
Noah asks where his mom is and his dad tells him she went out.

He drives me and when we get there, he stops in front of my house. He leans in. This is it, I think, he finally going to kiss me. But he just goes for the forehead. Ugh.

"Goodnight," he says.
"Goodnight," I reply back. I get out of the car and go into my house.
Does he not feel the way I do? Does he not feel what I feel when I'm around him? Every time I'm with him, I want him more.