Are You Threatening me?

I'm getting ready to go to bed when I hear a knock on my door. I look out the window and there is a car in front of my house I can't identify. Maybe it's one of Dayna's guys of the week dropping her home because she was too drunk to drive. This wouldn't be the first time. But wouldn't he have her key? I look at the time, it's almost one o'clock. She doesn't finish work for another two hours. I decide maybe I should ignore it, but the knock becomes louder.

"Alright, I'm coming!" I open the door. An officer is standing in front of me. "Can I help you, officer?" He takes off his glasses and Devlin comes in sight. This throws me off guard.
"I just received a noise complaint," the officer says.
"That's ridiculous," I say. "I wasn't even making any loud noises."
"Did you have any guests over?" He asks.
I look at Devlin. I know what this is about "You're the most childish woman I have ever met," I start
"Ma'am, I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you a ticket." He takes out his notepad. Devlin is leaning on my doorway smirking. The officer hands me the ticket.
"Are you kidding me?" The ticket is for two hundred dollars. "This much for a noise complaint?"

Devlin finally speaks. "Well for me, this is pocket change. But you," she looks around my condo. " You clearly cannot afford such things." She steps into my house. "You thinking about asking Noah to lend you money?"
She looks at the officer. "Can you give us a minute?" she asks him. He closes the door and stays outside.

She looks at me now. Her face goes cold. Her eyes lit with anger. "What was Noah doing here so late?"
I don't answer her. I can't believe this is happening right now. She smirks now. "Fine, I guess you are not obligated to answer me. However, you can listen." She steps closer to me now. She is almost three inches away from my face. "You are young and stupid, so I would not expect you to understand me the first time when I said this to you. So I'll say it again." Her eyes are locked onto mine. Her rage is evidently displayed on her face "Stay. Away. From. Noah." She puts one-second spaces in between each word.
"If that does not appeal to you, maybe this will." She finally steps back a little. She is calmer when she says this, making it sound even more threatening. "My dad is the lieutenant officer in this city. This means that I have a significant amount of power within the police force. This ticket you received today is nothing compared to what I am capable of."
She walks towards the door. "If I were you, I would think about my next actions and the possible consequences of those actions." She looks at my stomach smirking. "Remember, I will be the stepmother of your unborn child."

She opens the door. "Oh, I almost forgot, I looked at your police record. Juvie huh? Who would have known sweet little Ava was a troubled youth? Running away and stealing. Does Noah know that you are a thief?" She looks amused. "Was it really a coincidence that you found him or did you plan this?"

She takes her gloves out of her pockets. "My mother always said: Bad habits don't die, they're only hidden." She puts her gloves on. She can't help but threaten me before she leaves. "If you do not stay away from Noah, I'm going to make you wish you aborted that child," she says and walks out. The police officer follows after her.

Sasha was right. If I didn't stand up to her, she'd walk right over me, and that is exactly what she is doing.

A/N This chapter is dedicated to RedLuv16. It takes strength to keep going when someone puts you down and courage to move past it and grow from it.