Possessive

"What's going on here?" he says, his eyes still focused on our hands. I quickly take my hands from Amos'.

"Nothing" I blurt out. For some reason, I feel guilty. I don't know if it's because of the way I feel for Noah or the fact that he looks like he's about to punch Amos in his face.
Amos looks at my hands, then at Noah. "I was right," he says. He gets up angrily and approaches Noah. "Nothing is happening. Ava seems to fall for rich assholes like you," he says.

"What did you just say ?" Noah asks him. They're facing head to head. It's a death stare match. This lasts for about thirty seconds before Amos gives up. "I don't need this shit," Amos starts to walk out but Noah grabs his risk. "Don't come back here."

Amos jerks his wrist away and walks out the door. Noah fixes his suit and walks towards me.
"I don't want you seeing that guy again, you hear me, Ava?" He's looking at me intensely. Is he serious right now?

"Excuse me?" I ask him. "You can't tell me who I can and can't see."
"Yes, I can. I am Melody's father. I can choose who I want around my child."
"Amos wouldn't hurt Melody."
"I don't know him. I don't know what He's capable of doing."
"Well, I do know him. For four years. He would never hurt her."

He picks up my wrist. Pink marks are there from when Amos gripped them. "But he could hurt you," he says. I quickly hide my wrists.
"It wasn't like that," I barely whisper.

He gets up and punches the wall.
"Dammit Ava. Can't you just listen to me? He hurt you, which means he can hurt Melody too. I'm trying to protect you, don't you get it?"
"You want to protect Melody? Fine. I don't want Devlin around her. I don't trust her."
"What? Ava, she's going to be my wife."
"So it's okay for Devlin but not for Amos?"
"It's not the same." He says.
"Why not?" I ask
"Because Devlin is my fiancé and Amos is just some guy." He's standing up now.
"What if I decide to marry Amos, then what?"
"Why are you making this so complicated?" He asks me.
"No, I'm just asking a simple question. If I do decide to be with Amos, which is what he wants by the way. He wants to be a part of Melody's life. He wants to be with me. Will he be allowed to see her?" I challenge him. There's no way he can say no to this. If he does, then he's being a hypocrite.
"The answer is still no."
"Why not? It's the same situation as yours."
"You're not marrying Amos, Ava. So stop with the hypothetical questions."
"Well, eventually I'm going to be with somebody. And we will get married. Then what?"
This argument is so useless, I think to myself. I want to end it, but I don't want him to win.
"You're not going to get married to anyone." He blurts out. "I don't want you to."

I'm surprised now but also angry.
"So it's okay that you get married, but I can't?" I ask myself. "What am I to you? Your side chick?"
"No, Of Course not. That's not what I meant. I just..I-uh." He looks for the words to say. "I don't know Ava, the thought of you being with someone just bothers me. I don't know how to explain it."
The tension has died now.
"I understand what you're saying. How do you think I feel every time I see you with Devlin? Or even the fact that you're about to marry her?"
He doesn't say anything. Instead, he stares at the flowers Amos brought for me.
"Fuck, I know." He says. "I just. I made a commitment Ava. I would love so much to break it. Especially for you, for us. But I can't."
He gets a phone call.
"It's work," he says. "I know you're leaving tonight. I'll come back to bring you and Melody home."
He walks out without saying another word.
A/N. So I'm dedicating this chapter to my bestest friend mimakirigoe . She loves possessive scenes. So I wrote a mini one for her. Hope you enjoyed it!