7. Why Do We Bother To Stay

Play song》

Luke sighs quietly to himself. It's obvious Nick and Clementine love each other, even with the ups and downs.

The sad part is Clem is 14 and Nick is 20, it couldn't happen, at least not now, maybe in 4 years.

Nick and Clem haven't talked in days, even though everytime they're near eachother, they both blush and hide their faces, it's obvious, really.

Luke walks into the kitchen and pours some peach liquid into a cup, that's what they drint for fun.

Nick walks in and grabs a bottle of beer, chugging it down quickly and throwing the bottle at the wall, shattering it.

"Damn, who pissed in yer cereal?" Luke finishes off the glass and Clem comes down from upstairs with Laura and AJ, wiping her eyes from the crusts.

"Morning." Clem said quietly and shuffled the children into the kitchen, quickly grabbing a can of pineapples to feed the toddlers.

"Mornin' kiddo." Luke smiles and begins to eat some leftover beans.

Clem opens the can and begins to spoon the pineapples into AJ and Laura's open mouths.

"Hungry, Clem?" Nick speaks up, his voice raspy and thick.

His voice like this sent chills down Clem's spine and made the hair on my back of her neck stand up.

"No." Clem said quietly. Finishing off feeding Laura and AJ and setting the empty pineapple can on the counter.

Luke leans over to Nick. "You better patch things up with her, Nick." Luke whispers and Nick rolls his eyes.

"I can't. I'd be to awkward." Nick whispers back.

"Whatcha' whispering about?" Clem sneaks up on them and Nick falls out of his seat. "SHIT." Nick screeches.

"Woah there, Nick." Luke chuckles.

Clem holds out her hand to help Nick up. "I'm not a old man, Clemmy." Nick said, half joking half serious.

Nick grabs my hand and I pull him up.

"Sorry, about that, 'kiss' by the way." Nick rubs the back of his neck and takes off his hat, fluffing his hair and running his fingers through it.

"Why?" Clem furrows her eyebrows and pouts.

"Because!" Nick starts. "Your 14! I can't, we cant!" Nick pinches the bridge of his nose.

Luke shuffles away upstairs and takes the kids with him.

"Nick, why not? It's the apocalypse! Nick, I am 14 years old, I don't even know if I'm gonna die tomorrow! I could die tomorrow! I want to experience what you and Luke have!" Clem sighs. "I just want to know what's it like, to, ya know, love someone. And I think that's you." Clem looks up to see Nick's reaction.

Nick just leans down and smashes his lips into her's. Slipping his hands under her cap and throwing it off, running his fingers through her hair.

Nick lifts Clem up so she can wrap her legs around his waist so they can be level.

Clem wraps her arms around Nick's neck and playing with his hair. Running her fingers through it, and ruffling it up.

They parted before it got too steamy, Nick moved his hands under Clementine's shirt, his cold hands touching her hot, bare skin.

"We should-" Clem pants. "Do this more often."

Nick smirks.

And they did.