13. Radioactive

Luke.

With a dead and bitten AJ.

"Luke! AJ!"

"C-Clem..?" Luke says breathlessly.

"AJ!" Clem falls to her knees beside AJ'S small body, his hazel eyes were open, but not red and blue.

His skin was grey.

"How...how long have you been in here?" Clem asks Luke, running her fingers through AJ'S hair.

"Few hours. If...If only I had found a way out, then AJ would be alive." Luke whispers and looks at his gun intently.

Clem just blinks. "This is the third.....the third.." Clem mumbles, stroking AJ'S cheek.

"I saw Nick...if you wanted to know..." Luke whispers, looking at the walker who bit AJ beside him.

"Where did he go?" Clem asks desperately, leaping from AJ'S body and tugging on Luke's shirt for an answer.

"He ran past me when we ran out, he told me to follow him and I was slower because I was carrying AJ so I let him down...that's when he got bit and I hid in the shed, Nick said he was leaving to Wellington." Luke explains.

"Then let's go!" Clem remeber something and pulls out Kenny's hat he gave her and sets it beside AJ'S body.

Luke gets up and walks out and so does Clem.

"Where even are we?" Luke asks, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Illinois." Clem answers and sighs. "I know that because I use maps and I know where we are going."

"Don't give me attitude, missy. And I knew that, I ment specifically." Luke says, half joking half serious.

"No, I don't know- look out!"

Bam