9. When No One Is Around You, Say Baby I Love You

《Play Song》(might need to replay song)

"Amy! No!" Nick screamed. Amy's reanimated courpse was stumbling towards him, barely biting his neck when Clemintine quickly pulled out her gun and didn't hesitate to pull the trigger to save Nick.

The shot rang through the empty forest.

Bam

"I....I'm sorry, Nick...she was dead.." Clemintine hung her head.

Nick was inraged. He jumped up from the ground and stormed over to Clemintine, grabbing her wrist, making her drop the gun and pulling her inside.

Nick threw Clemintine on the wall and squeezed her wrist tightly, staring into her eyes with an expression mixed with anger and sadness.

"N-Nick! Your hurting me!" Clemintine squirmed and pulled against Nick's tight grip, it seemed like he was made of complete metal.

"WHY DID YOU SHOOT AMY?! I LOVED HER!" Nick shouted, his normally bright blue eyes were dangerously dark. Nick's always been so anxious, careful, hard headed and angry but nothing like this.

"Nick! Please stop!" Clemintine finally gave up as she fell onto her butt, Nick's grip not loosening. A warm tear fell down her flushed cheeks, then another, until her cheeks were a river.

Nick suddenly snapped into reality and relised what he was doing as he quickly let go. A large, purpleish blue bruse ran across her delicate forearm. He tried to comfort the trembling child but if he touched her she would do anything she could to get away, avoiding him. If he tried to speak to her she'd flinch.

Nick regretted everything

Clemintine scurried away and ran up to her 'room' and locked the door. She threw herself onto the bed and sobbed.

'He said he'd protect me. He said he'd never hurt me. He promised..' Clemintine thought.

'Lee wouldn't hurt me like this. Lee is my guardian. I just want to be with Lee. I only care about AJ, Lee and Luke. Luke wouldn't hurt me like this either. Luke is like my big brother.' Clemintine thought.

Clemintine saw the door move, like Nick was ramming his shoulder into it. Her ears repeled all sounds as the world seemed to slow. The sounds of her loud sobs and Nick's endless attempts to get to her she couldn't hear. Clemintine grabbed her axe and stared at it, as if contemplating on weather or not to kill herself.

'I would be with Lee. I wouldn't have to suffer in this unforgiving world. I would be with them. But...AJ and Luke are all I have left. I'm not alone.' She gently set the axe down as Nick broke the door off its hinges.

Clemintine had a look of absolute horror as Nick even looked at her, and as he took a step she'd start to flinch. She saw his mouth move as he reached out to touch her cheek, she threw her head to the side and rolled away.

She finally started hear, the noises hit her ear like a ton of bricks. "I'm so so sorry....I don't know what got into me...i...I understand if you don't want to see me...I don't know what I can do to make it up to you..I'm sorry....for...for being a dick...out there..." Nick studdered on his words, trying to make her forgive him, or make him forgive himself. The sheer force of the words, pushing themselves into her eardrums made her ears ring.

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

Clemintine ignored Nick as she hummed.

"Say My Name Say My Name. When No one is around you, say baby I love you." She hummed. Her voice was so sweet it seemed to drip with honey, so calming, so innocent, so soothing. Nick was caught off guard by the young girls actions. The song was such a calming one. The words came out of her mouth and bounced off his ears, the sound of pure innocence.

"Clementine, I love you and I'm sorry." Nick pouts.

"Nick. I'm sorry I shot Amy, but you don't know what she does to me. I didn't feel happy when I killed her, it felt like a whole ton was lifted of my shoulders, it was a relief. I'm sorry about it. But Nick, she was using you. How do you think she survived wearing a crop top and shorts?" Clemintine sighed.

"No. I'm sorry."