22. Insanity why are you my Clarity

Clememtine
When Clem is due...

"Nick..I think...I think it's time.." I feel severe pains in my abdomen and Nick shoots up from his bed. "What?!" Nick gasps and grabs his hat off the nightstand.

It was 1am.

"Y-Yeah.." I studder and shakily lift myself off the bed.

"Fuck, okay. C'mon." Nick grabs my hat and hand and drags me out the door and to the hospital.

"S-Shes in labor.." Nick says frantically to the lady at the front desk who looked like she'd drop dead from exhaustion.

"Okay, go to Room #6." I read her name tag- Deven- says.

Nick shuffles me off into the room and onto the cot. "Baby, I don't know I can do this..three? I don't think I have enough stamina." I frantically begins spitting out excuses.

"Calm down, you'll be fine." Nick assures me as the doctor and nurses flood into the room.

"Okay, imma need to give you these pills. We're doing a C-section." The doctor hands me the pills which I dry swallow and begin to feel hazy.

After the C-Section

"Ma'am, you have ten minutes with your beautiful babies before we need to take then to the nursery, after that you'll have to stay here so the cut can heal, alright?" The nurse blabs and hands me my babies.

"You can hold Nicolas." I hand Nick the first baby in a blue blanket.

"I have little Harini and Iverson." I put one baby in each arm and kiss their foreheads.

"I can't belive we made these adorable children." Nick chuckles and begins playing with Nicolas, the chubbiest.

"Did I miss anything? Shit." Luke bursts in and he looks at the babies.

"Ahh! There so precious! Gimme a boy." I hand Iverson to Luke. Luke begins to tear up.

"Iverson? Cool name." Luke smiles at me and Nick before sitting beside me in a chair.

"Life's good." Nick leans back in his chair and sighs, laying Nicolas across his chest and picking up a newspaper and reading to him.

"Now Nick, I feel like we need to establish some rules. #1 you will be changing diapers. #2 yes we will be staying up past your bedtime. And #3 don't complain, you did this to me." Every rule I say nick groans.

"You have a bedtime, little Nicky?" Luke jokes with both Nicolas and Nick.

"He does." I interupt Nick's speech as a nurse with 3 plastic bassinets comes in.

"I'm here for your babies, ma'am." I gracefully(not) hand her a sleeping Harini.

"What a beautiful name, Harini. You know it means deer right?" I nod.

"Okay, cool. Little Nicolas and little Iverson. Okay all three are here." The nurse- Juliet- gently places them in their marked basonettes and wheels them out.

"Ma'am? How long until me and my babies will be able to get out?" I call to the nurse and she turns around.

"A day or two." The nurse replies and disappears into the hallway.

"Anna is gonna get worried, I gota go." Luke hugs Nick and nods towards me and leaves.

"I guess I'm staying..?" Nick lays across the chairs and takes off his hat.

"Yes, Nick you are gonna stay." I growl and fix my position to sleep.

[TWO MORE CHAPPIES PPL. WE'RE ALMOST THERE]