14. Here we are don't turn away now

A bullet grazes Luke's head and they take off.

Suddenly walkers are drawn to the gunshot and start pouring in from the dense brush.

"Look out!" Luke warns Clm and she ducks, barely missing a walkers grabby hands by mere inches.

"Go right!" Luke yells and she run right, Luke right on her heels.

They make it to a clearing and collapse onto the soft grass, panting.

"Nick?" Clem looks up at a stumbling figure, looking somewhat like Nick.

"No...that's not-"

"Nick!" Clem springs up and runs to the figure.

"Clementine!" Lukes chases after her but alas she was to fast.

"Nick?!" Clem stops and realises that the figure was actually a walker with the same hat and hair as Nick.

Wait,

Hat?!

"Ugh, ahh!" Clem suddenly pulls out her butterfly knife and begins furiously stabbing the walker.

"Why!" Clem finally finishes off the walker and cries into her hands.

"Clem! That isn't Ni- oh. Oh god." Luke stares at the mauled walker, the hat still intact.

"Its...It's Nick's hat...same blood stains..." Clem sobs and Luke kneals beside her, rubbing her back and letting her cry on his shoulder.

With no hope of finding Nick, they trudge on, sarrow filling the thick atmosphere .

"Hey, I'm sorry about that.." Luke whispers, looking down at the ground as he walks.

Clem is silent.

And that's how it stayed.