19. Take me home

Clementine

Luke and Anna have assigned Nick and I to watch the baby, Luca.

"Here, now do what you must but don't give him peas, he hates them." Anna hands me the baby and Nick the bag with all of his clothes and baby bottles.

Luke and Anna were going to a local restaurant for their one year anniversary, leaving me and Nick to watch the baby.

'It'll teach you what to do what the time comes.' Luke had said.

As soon as the door closes Luca begins crying, streaching his little fingers towards the door.

"Fuck." Nick sighs and takes the baby from my stiff arms.

"I had a baby cousin, I think I know how to do this." Nick looks at Luca questionably and begins bouncing Luca on his hip and he quiets.

"Damn." I smile and Luca turns to face me, reaching both his hands up for me to carry him.

"Okay, game time." I nod and hold Luca on my hip, and try to unzip the duffle with one hand.

Nick swats my hand away and unzips the duffle, pulling put several smaller bags, each one with an embroidered label.

'Formula' the smallest bag read. Nick pulled put a small metalic packet and a bottle and begins pouring the white powder into the bottle, then filling it with water and shaking it.

I pulled out a small rubber teathing toy and put it in Luca's awaiting fingers.

"Done." Nick hands me the formula bottle and I put it at Luca's lips and he immediately drops the toy and takes the bottle in his mouth.

"Wanna get a movie?" Nick nods and I grab my hat I set on the counter and put it on, heading out the door with Luca on my hip.

Nick grabs his wallet with his money and walks out after me, locking the apartment door and heading out to the movie theater.

'The Lion King'

At the theater we give the man $1 each and enter, seating ourselves close to the front so Luca can see.

The movie plays and I immediately hand Luca to Nick and fall asleep.

Nick groaned as the movie finished, not noticing that Luca had fell asleep.

I slowly wake myself up, looking at Nick reaching over me to grab the bottle.

"Nick, what are you doing?" I purse my lips and push him off, not noticing Luca beside me.

"Hey, lemme get that." A very strong man with hazel eyes picks up the fallen bottle and hands it to me.

"I'm Jackson, nice to meet you..."

"It's Clementine. Nice to meet you too. Hey baby, don't be rude say hi." I kiss Nick's cheek and Jackson frowns.

"Hey. Anywho, we gotta take care of our son, bye." Nick picks Luca up and carries him out and I grab the bag, following him.

I could feel Jackson staring daggers from his eyes as I walked away.

"Nice acting." I speed up to Nick's pace and he nods towards me. "I know. Can't belive he fell for that."

"Luke and Anna should be back home by now, let's get going." I hold my hands out to hold Luca and Nick passes him to me.

"We still have an hour, why not stop for coffee." Nick shrugs and points towards the coffee shop 'Before'.

"What will Luca eat? We can't just do that." I shrugg and run my hands through Luca's long brown hair.

"Hey, they have fruits there. Bananas and Clementines." Nick chuckles and I scowl, stupid fruits.

"Okay, fine."

After a quick cup of coffee and a banana for Luca we head back to the apartments.

Nick and I agree to let Nick go back into the apartment to get dinner ready. Hawk doesn't seem good but it is. Really.

We knock on their door. "Hello? Luke? Annabella? It's Clementine, we have Luca." I shrugg and slowly open the door.

Luke and Anna were asleep on the couch so I decide to just leave them be, but first I covered them with a blanket and walked out, returning to Nick.

"They're aslee- what the hell?" I see Jackson and Nick punching eachother.

I hold Luca tighter and walk to the men. "Stop it, damn!" I push Jackson off Nick and hastily pass Luca to Nick and begin restraining Jackson.

"Fuck you." Jackson spits in my face and I scowl, wiping it off with the back of my hand.

I repetitively punch Jackson in the face and knock him out, then drag him out by his collar into the hallway.

I spit on his face. "How's it feel." I smirk and lock the door.

"Luke and Anna asleep?" Nick asks as he begins fixing a broken basonett Luke gave us.

"Yeah." I shrugg and sit on the couch and turn on the TV.

"Ugh I hate IKEA." Nick groans and looks at the instructions again.

"You know, maybe I'll take you up on that 'Have our own baby' idea after we get Luca home AND you build that crib..." I shrugg and play peak a boo with Luca.

Nick gasps and furiously begins putting the pieces to the crib together.

"Luca, one day your woman will do that to you." I smile at him. "And you'll believe her."

[Well? Good? I hope you like it cause I'm tired.]