18. We were younger (commentary)

"I choose.....to go with Clem." Nick says.

One year later.

Life should be peaceful now, right? With Carver dead, the winter over, just the three musketeers? Wrong.

The walkers are increasingly getting worse. Steady groups of walkers are seen every day at least.

And if you were wondering where we were, we had found Wellington, life was alright.

Exempt for those dumbasses who take it appon themselves to make our lives hell, asking for our backstory and when we don't comply they  will tell everyone.

Luke has found an amazing girl in his life named Annabella. And now she's pregnant with their second baby, Alex. Their first was Luca.

Nick is taking it slow, other than my 18th birthday we never had sex. Weird right?

I mean, I wanted kids but I was tramatized at the thought of ending up like Christa or Rebecca.

Nick has been attempting to swoo me into having sex, and having his baby. But not now.

I wouldn't keep my sanity if people treated me like a baby and would not let me do the normally dangerous things I could do before.

And with the back pains and the morning sickness and fatigue I would probably just sleep until it was time.

I don't know how Annabella does it, maybe she's willing to make that commitment with Luke, to be helpless for a while to bring joy into this world.

I would love to have a little mini me running around and being all cute but I cant.

Luke also arranged a whole wedding for Anna, I mean Weddings aren't customary but it was beautiful.

While scavenging I found a tuxedo for Luke and a ring, it was pretty.

Nick was crying, I was crying, Luke was crying, everyone was just crying and it was so happy.

Back to the updates.

We have steady electricity running through each building. Even working stoves and microwaves.

Cool, right?

We also have businesses like bakeries, restaurants, clothing shops and coffee shops.

But we have a special currency that is basically just pennies and nickels, maybe dollars.

Eh.

You earn them by scavenging and giving back into the community.

But back to our fam.

Nick and I still get judgemental looks when they find out how much older Nick is than I.

But that's okay.

Fuck them.

We've come a long way from the scared little girl and the depressed young man we were before we met eachother.

I still vividly remember the moments we found eachother, in that dusty, blue pickup truck me and AJ used to call home.

How happy I was to see those blue eyes after all those years.

And if your wondering, no, I haven't found Christa or Lee, sadly.

But I have adopted a small cat named Doughnut, who is just plain brown with amber eyes.

We have a nice apartment, me and Nick in one and Luke and Anna with their kids in the one beside us.

Nick and I are formally boyfriend girlfriend, which he tells to all of his friends.

Well, if your wondering who I am, I am....

Clementine Fucking Everett

And I'm a survivor.

[As you can tell, this book is coming to a close
*pausing for sad 'awes, hearing none*
And I will probably only have around 4-5 more chapters left. SORRY
]