Swear #5

Devilish Origin

Swear #5

-

The silver haired went to the edge of the village where he could overlook the merchants coming in and out of the village. He felt content for now – he didn't want to beat things senseless yet.

Night came and he was still watching the merchants. He didn't even know why he did; was he just watching them in boredom?

The boy prepared to jump down to go back into the village, but was ultimately stopped when he heard the sound of a horse neighing loudly. He glanced down to see that the cart of the merchant had toppled over, the horse thrashing about amidst the confusion. The man that was supposed to be riding the cart and horse was trying to push the cart back up, but to no avail.

"Huh? Who're you?" The man questioned. "Ah, doesn't matter. Can you help me put this back up?"

Hidan blinked wildly, but then realised the man wasn't talking to him, but rather to the stranger that was coming into the village. The stranger was wearing a body tight suit that enabled limitless activity, as well as a mask on their face that didn't even show their eyes.

That person didn't reply and went towards the cart.

"Ah, thank you so much!" The merchant grinned. That grin was the last grin he'd ever make, as he was sliced to pieces right there.

There was a gentle tap on the ground behind the merchant after he was sliced. The stranger was there, and they turned towards the cart, pulling the sheet that covered it off.

Hidan's brow rose when he got a good look of what was inside. There were many bodies in there, but he didn't know whether or not they were alive or dead. Some of them appeared younger than Hidan, and some were older.

The stranger picked up each and every child there was, placing them onto the sheet and tying it up, before sealing it into a scroll.

Hidan frowned, brows knitted together. He decided to do something about it and jumped down just as the stranger finished the seal, approaching him with an irritated expression.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, ugly?!" Hidan pointed to the stranger.

The masked stranger tilted their head into a 45 degree angle, seemingly confused at Hidan's entrance. They stared at Hidan for a long while with no reply, which agitated the silver haired male.

"SAY SOMETHING YOU STUPID MASK WEARING IDIOT!" Hidan shouted.

"Slaves." The masked stranger's voice was androgynous, confusing Hidan all the more. Hidan snorted and pulled out a kunai, charging at them without a second thought. It was all over when the masked person dodged Hidan's attempt and hit the back of his neck, rendering him unconscious.

"Another slave..." The masked person hummed a light tune, throwing Hidan on their shoulder and escaping into the night.