Chapter 1: Midnight Fly

It was one of those crisp clean nights that was perhaps perfectly made for a night time fly. Of course, flying outside of school bounds on a broom during the middle of the night doesn't sound like the most genius idea. But if Harry Potter could deal with the wizarding world's deadliest villain, surely he could take on anything, right?

Harry's heart raced with adreneline. His whole body pumped with magical energy, stronger than ever before as he soared through the cloudless sky on his Nimbus 2000. The broom was a little worn by now and a little unsteady at times. He remembered back then in whatever year he was in, everyone was getting their knickers into a twist to just get a good look at such a broom. He remembered himself squirming in excitement and everyone huddled around him with eyes boggling out of their sockets. All except one kid. That kid was pouting with arms crossed while giving Potter a dirty look across the room.
The sudden flashback of his childhood arch nemesis, Draco Malfoy, popped up in Harry's head. He remembers little Draco almost too well. His thin, platinum hair gelled back and his small little sneer that he inherited from his father. Even back then he was a jealous and conceited twat. Of course, that was back then. Last time Harry saw him, Draco didn't look as pathetic and spoiled. He was well trimmed and tidy but without his hair gelled back. He was tall too. Harry would've maybe mistakened him for one of those muggle clothing models if Malfoy wouldn't strut around so much with his head held so high.
But then again, all that was before the war thing. Now things are far more complicated.

People were a little concerned about Draco and his family. They haven't shown themselves ever since harry got rid of you-know-who once and for all. After that dramatic battle, things went downhill for the Malfoys. The Daily Prophets would spread the word that perhaps they're plotting something evil. Maybe busy with creating a voldemort version 2.0. People were actually taking the prophets seriously, and Harry actually laughed at that.
Thinking about it now, he shrugged and assumed they've been just too ashamed to appear in public again. Probably hiding underneath some caves or whatever ex death eaters do. Most people think that they're dead or in Azkaban by now, but Harry waved that thought away. He knew Draco was a little shit ever since the day he layed eyes on him, but he certainly didn't want to picture that Draco Malfoy locked up away in Azkaban just like his father.

Harry tightly gripped down on his broom handle and leaned downwards. The wind was loud in his ears as he then dived a direct downfall on his broom. He squeezed his eyes shut with a big grin on his face, cheering and laughing as he went. It was like falling out of the sky, but instead of fear racing through you, it's the adrenaline. It could almost be addictive.

he lowered to the ground and hopped off the broom. His dark hair was pushed back and slightly tangly from the wind of that joyride. His same old glasses nearly fell off too. Night rides were just the best. It's the only thing that's ever made him feel so alive.

Harry turned and walked over the marshy ground as his green eyes scanned the environment for the large castle-like school.

The place, however, caught him by surprise. He had hoped to land back at the hogwarts campus, but instead he must've gotten his directions mixed it up. It certainly wasn't hogwarts ground.
Then he remembered. It was the forbidden forest! Of course, how could one forget? There were so many strange memories from here in the past years. Ironically enough, the forbidden forest itself seemed abandoned. The mysterious air and the sense of dangerous creatures at every corner awaiting to pounce, have all dissapeared. Instead, the forest just seemed to be a normal forest now.
Harry carefully shuffled around the area. Surely he dozed off on his broom. It must take a great lack of attention to accidentally wind up here. The trees stood tall and still, and that fog that once took place here was now gone.
Might aswell walk around for a bit, he thought.

Harry clutched his broom tightly in one hand with the other hand gripping his wand.
Followed by a whisper of "Lumos maxima," the wand lit up a bright blue ish tint. He walked for a little forward, pondering still.
There was a sudden snap. Harry jumped and his robe swayed. He tightly clenched his wand and pointed to the trees.
He exhaled a sigh of relief when he realized he just stepped on a branch. God, how much sleep did he get last night? He let out a nervous laugh.
The forest may be less haunted, but the jittery feelings couldn't be avoided. Maybe it would be a great idea to start heading back now...
He would've tooken his broom and flew off that instant, if it weren't for a shadowy figure standing ahead of him.

...