Chapter 13: Kingsley Shacklebolt

"Draco, you were saying you think your father is going to force the current minister to sign some sheet that will make him quit?" said Harry.

"That's the plan," Draco nodded.

"Wait, you mean it hasn't happened yet?" Harry's eyes lit up with small twinkles of last minute hope. Maybe there's still hope. All this can be prevented.
"According to the plan he told me, 'Lucius' will be officially announced as minister at around 4 o'clock." He said own father's name as if it was a dangerous word this time.

All their heads turned to Hagrid's old clock. The two feathers pointed the exact time of '3:45'.
In hurried movements, they turned to eachother and nodded at the same time.

Their plan had to take action immediately.

Thankfully, Hagrid always kept a bag of floo powder in the empty teapot. Hermione poured out the sparkling green glitter onto the table.
"Oh.."
She looked at all of them sitting on the table. "One of us can't go, there's not enough Floo. There's only about three handfuls."
The four heads all looked at one another.

"Actually, I can stay," said Ron. "I can keep a lookout here if anything goes wrong."
Hermione smiled weakly and kissed him on the forehead. "Are you sure? you're the best."
Ron beamed.
They are so lucky to do this so openly and freely, Harry thought. If only he and Draco could be flirty like that in public. But that'll never actually work. They're too much opposites living in such a far stretched parallel world. Draco was a death eater and Harry was a hero. It just wouldn't work that way.
But still, that was before. He still didn't know much about this newly improved Malfoy. In fact, he barely knew him all that much at all.

They all, except Ron, grabbed a handful of the powder laying on the desk. Hermione was right, there were barely even three handfuls. Draco was the first to step underneath the chiminey.
"What do we say again?" Harry asked.
Draco smirked. "Just watch. To wherever the fuck my dad is!" He whipped the floo at the ashy ground and a bright green fire devoured him in an instant.

Harry laughed, but Hermione was staring with her mouth open. "Boys!" She shook her head. "Boys will be boys."
Hermione stepped in and with a loud clear voice, announced "To the Ministry of Magic!" Whipping the powder to the ground, the fire endorsed her. Harry was next.
What should he say?
"Oi, Harry," Ron said, still laughing. "Try saying something funny. I want to see if it works."
Harry smiled and nodded. Stepping in, he shouted "To my fuckbuddy's father!"
That arose a roar laughter from Ron. And the same green fire enclosed over him, and within seconds he was gone.

...

It didn't take long for him to reach the grand hall of the ministry. It was just like he had remembered. There were chimineys and green fires flashing here and there along the sides of the grand hall from other wizards transporting through. The ceiling was high and the ceramic statue of muggles being crushed was still standing on top of a large water fountain. The statue displayed a greek-like witch and a wizard holding a wand, and underneath there were muggles, just simply non-magical folks, struggling in slave-labor, almost crushed to death just in order to hold them up. Hermione freaked out from that before.
The headquarters was cluttered with older wizards and witches wearing formal attire and carrying small buisness suitcases, so it wasn't that hard to spot the casually dressed Hermione and even easier to spot the tuft of platinum blond hair of Draco in the crowd. Harry ran up to them and looked around to make sure nobody was watching, then threw the invisibility cloak over themselves.
"Which do we go?" whispered Harry. With no response, Draco took the lead as Harry and Hermione shuffled tightly behind.
Harry had never payed close attention to how many halls there were. It seemed like a maze to carefully weave through all the people passing by. They soon entered a narrow brick hallway with lower ceiling and walked in a single file. The hallway was so narrow. It didn't even look like a part of the ministry building. Harry bumped into Draco when he did a sudden stop.