Chapter 5: The Encounter

Harry's mouth was dry and woke up with a strong headache. With his eyes barely open and still half asleep, he let out a sigh of relief when assumed he was just in Madame Pomfrey's hospital bed. He had probably fell down and injured something while exploring the forest, and somebody found him and brought him there.
But that still didn't explain the sudden yell of Petrificus Totalus.

Harry forced his eyes open in an instant.

He was not in the hospital wing of Hogwarts. In fact, he found himself in a rather dark, but fancy looking room. But very dimly lit. The furnitures itself even seemed to swarm with dark magic, and the place had an old antique-y and rich feel to it too. It wasn't some sketchy abandoned home in some random alley. If Voldemort was rich and had a home, and if he specialized in interior design, it would look like this.
Harry propped himself up from the bed. So many thoughts are reappearing, but none of them were flashbacks of what previous actions led him to be here. All he remembered was a voice--probably a wizard's and not a witch's. Then he blacked out completely. Heck, was it day or night? The room had no windows. He doesn't have any recognition of how he ended up in a bed. Surely he hasn't shagged anyone, nor was he planning to--
The door creaked open. Harry hurriedly lied back down and pulled the covers over. The sound of foot steps on the hardwood floor walked slowly its way near Harry. Harry was almost shaking, but he kept his eyes shut.
The foot steps stopped as it drew as close as it could get. He tried not to make any movements. The person was so dangerously close that Harry swear he could feel the person breathing on his face. Where was his fucking wand when he desperately needed it?

"Potter, you horribly fail at faking sleep." Harry flinched when he felt someone flick his scar. "You're fidgeting like a squirrel on potions."

The voice knocked the breath out of Harry and almost made him choke on his own saliva. It was none other than that sneery, familiar voice of that dreadful Draco Malfoy. It was perhaps the first person and the last person he wanted to deal with right now.
What was there now to do? He could make a run for it. He wasn't sure how he would do that though. Plus wasn't his whole plan just to find Draco at the first place?
Harry opened his eyes and sat up again.
"Look, I'm--"
"Just trying to find me?"

He was about to go on a long explanation of excuses and sorry's. But before he knew it, his eyes accidentally glanced up and they were locked onto Draco's grey eyes. And he was at lost for words. Instead he found himself stupidly nodding as if he was in a trance.
Draco smirked and rolled his eyes. "I assumed it was about time before you got your cock in my buisness again."
Harry's voice got caught in his throat. He tried to force a nervous laugh but it came out sounding like a raspy choke. "Uhh.. May I have a cup of, err, water...please?"

What an awkward question to ask at an awkward time. He would forget his words every time his eyes locked with Draco's. It was so hard to look at him straight in those captivating,--repulsive grey irises.

Draco leaned closer and put his hand to Harry's forehead. "You're not feverish, so I don't reckon you'll be needing any sorts of special treatments."
Harry frowned. "Water isn't special treatment."
Draco gave him one last annoyed look before quickly snapping his finger in the air. A glass of water appeared in between Harry's hand in an instant. He had to admit that was pretty impressive.
"My apologies, I forgot I had to take care of you like a little princess now that you're the saviour." Draco pronounced the word 'saviour' as if it was a horrible wretched thing.
Harry found himself slightly tensing up and grasping the cup tighter. Draco took notice of that and sneered, but didn't say anything. Instead, he sat down beside harry on the bed. Harry uncomfortably shifted a little further from him.
The two sat in pure silence on the bed not looking at each other. It was too awkward to say anything, yet still too awkward to not say anything. What was there to say, other than the small talk that should've tooken place? There would be two ways the conversation could go down with Draco Malfoy. Either they'll get caught in some petty argument and end up going for eachother's eyes, or have the senseless small talk. The 'How's it been's, the 'long time no see' kind of bullshit.
In the midsts of the silence, actions meant more than words. So that's what Harry did.
  He did not feel the need to express himself in the moment with spoken speech. He was sure if he did, things would've turned downhill from there. So Harry did the only thing that came to mind at the moment. He gently turned to his side and reached a hand out to touch Draco's pale cheek.
It was softer than Harry could've ever imagined. It was smooth and blemish free, like a delicate fine piece of paper.
A hand grabbed his wrist and snapped him into reality.
"Potter," said Draco. His grip on Harry's wrist tightened and he forcefully removed Harry's hand away from his cheek. He shook his head and stood up while ignoring the hurt look on the boy's face.
Harry didn't know why he felt the need to suddenly brush Draco's cheek like it was some cheesy romance scene. His action turned out accidentally way more intimate then he intended it to be. A little flush of embarassment rose to his cheeks.
"I, err," Harry fumbled his mind for words. "that wasn't supposed to happen."