Chapter 11: The Owl Mail

...

Harry ran as fast as his legs could carry him with a letter clutched in his hand.

Hedwig had came flying into Draco's living room from the chimney. The poor owl stumbled and tripped over the dirty ashes of the chimney just to deliver this letter. Harry was eating breakfast at the Malfoy Manor by this early time in the morning. Needless to say, the letter Hedwig has brought was pretty damn urgent. Harry had to cut short of his little small talk with Draco (they were having a pretty smooth conversation). He didn't expect to be leaving this early, but as soon as his eyes scanned the letter he dashed for the door. Draco called out to ask where he was going, and he hurriedly replied "Nowhere. Don't worry!"

But he wasn't going nowhere. The letter came from Hermione herself, and it sounded much like a call for help. Hermione didn't usually like to play damsel in distress. But the letter explained of her concern and worry of the whole Lucius thing that Harry had almost completely forgotten about. Harry's heart raced. This must've meant their plan has already taken place! Hermione didn't even know about the whole Death Eater conference meetup. The letter was also packed with a ripped out page of The Daily Prophet. The big and curvy headlines of "The Minister Of Magic Has Changed!" With a moving picture of Lucius Malfoy walking with crowds of paparazzis snapping pictures of him.

Hermione's letter ended with 'I'll meet you at Hagrid's house at 12.'
  He should've just borrowed some Floo Powder from Draco to apparate there, but of course he forgot. He also dashed out like a hot headed Gryffindor without even taking his broom. It wasn't long before he started panting and slowing down. God, was the Malfoy Manor in the middle of nowhere? The sun beamed bright in the blue sky without a single swirl of cloud. It was early summer, and the heat felt scorching to Harry's adrenaline pumped body. It certainly didn't help that he was wearing a long black robe with a sweater underneath. Needless to say, the heat wasn't helping him run any faster.
There was no signs of buildings nearby, and there was no roads or paths in particular that led anywhere. Soon after twenty minutes of running, Harry collapsed to the ground grunting. The frustration and fear ached in him. How far would this whole Pureblood thing go? He already defeated one Dark Wizard, isn't that enough yet? More importantly, Hermione's safety could be at stake. She had the same amount of wizarding blood as any typical muggle. Surely Lucius wouldn't want that.

  "Going for a morning jog, Potter?" Malfoy's voice rang from high up.

Rolling over to face the sky and beaming sunlight, Harry shielded an arm over his eyes and smiled when he saw that Malfoy came flying on his broomstick that he forgot.
"My hero," Harry said sarcastically. He somehow expected to see him.

"Well I figured at least one of us is the smart one. Where are you running to anyway? I hope you know that's not how one night stands work." Draco shouted from a distance. Harry couldn't tell if he was smiling or not.
"Come down!" Shouted Harry.
Draco did a flip on Harry's broom and soared downwards. He landed swiftly on his feet with the broom in one hand looking as cocky as ever. "I knew this thing wasn't as sturdy and as it looked. Its acceleration sucks, by the way." Draco reached out a hand and pulled Harry up.

"Yeah, well, maybe you just suck at flying." Harry teased as he dusted himself off. Then his tone became more serious. "I have to go, Malfoy."

Draco sighed. "I swear, you'd be the best actor for Cinderella. Always trying to run away from their lover."
Harry raised and eyebrow. "But you're not my lover."
"Not yet."

  Harry was a little taken back by Draco's smooth flirtatious words. Looking at Draco in his dark grey buttoned blouse and that half smirk, Harry couldn't help but smile back sheepishly. But he didn't want to get caught up in some awkward romancy scene, so he quickly grabbed his broom and decided there was no time to waste.

  "I have to go now, for real. It's pretty urgent. Hermione sent this letter." He coughed. "Oh, and thanks for letting me stay. Can you, uhh, show me how to get to Hogwarts?"

  Draco rolled his eyes. "Your level of intelligence still makes my brain want to ooze out of my skull. Obviously this place is an undisclosed private area. You wouldn't think Voldemort himself would really host a meeting in a public place where anyone could just barge in?"

Harry nervously looked around him. "Then how do I get out?"

"Not you. We. We have to leave together. The only way to get in and get out would be if you had me or a member of my family by your side when you apparate or fly out of the protective barrier. Otherwise it will lead you nowhere."

"Merlin, are all Malfoys preparing for an apocalypse or are you all vampires?" Harry laughed and climbed on his broom. "Then lets go."

Draco doubtfully glanced at the narrow wooden space behind Harry where he would be sitting. "Are you sure your broom will fit us?"

"We did this before, remember? I saved you from the fire."

"Right," Draco lifted a leg over the back of the broom and wrapped his arms around his waist. He rested his chin over Harry's shoulder and smiled.
"My fucking hero."

...