Chapter 4: Petrificus Totalus

The moon lit up the silent world. The night was just as soft and mellow like the past few nights, but there were more clouds in the sky. Harry had quietly slipped out of his room with his invisibility cloak during the night. It was easy sneaking away. Ron's loud snoring could block out the sound of a screeching hippogriff.

Now, with the wind in his hair and the feeling of freedom in his blood, he soared once again through the night.
Gripping and tilting the broom, he fled in multiple directions. Giving a quick look back at the school from this distance, he smiled with the warmth of that feeling. From birds-eye view, the place was really stunning. No matter how much he looked at Hogwarts, the small magical tingle he felt from the first day would always be inside of him.
'Hogwarts, hoggy warty hogwarts'. How could one ever want to leave such an amazing place? Harry's eyes sunk a little at the thought of graduating and leaving. It was his 8th year here, and his last. Hogwarts would always be his true home no matter where he ended up later.
He waved those thoughts away and kept flying forward...

With a tilt of the broom, Harry dived towards the ground. His eyes then re-adjusted to the darkness of the somber forest.
And strangely, the forest looked a lot more different then how he saw it last time. There were more fog--much more fog than he expected. It also seemed he landed in a complete different area of the forest, but he couldn't quite tell. The fog was so thick, he could barely see his own feet.
Harry desperately fished his hand through his pocket. He mentally cursed at himself for forgetting his wand under his pillow. Now what?
Why was he even here at the first place? Thoughts clouded his head. He raked his hand through his hair in frustration. 'Post-traumatic stess,' Hermione would say. 'There's no way Voldemort would be back. You'd feel it in your scar if he did.'
It was true. His scar felt as normal as if it was never there. He wasn't concerned about the Voldemort issue anymore.
As he stepped cautiously around the woods, he noticed it was absolutely silent. It was never this silent. Not even last time. Just to be safe, he pulled out his invisibility cloak and threw it over himself.
That was no use. Because a fraction of a second later, there was an unsettling familiar voice yelling "Petrificus Totalus!"
The voice could've came from any direction, but it aimed at Harry. And before he knew it, his cloak had slipped off and he landed on the ground with a loud thud.

...