Chapter 12: The Plan

Harry and Draco stepped into the small and cosy and familiar environment of Hagrid's house. The place was cluttered with old magical items and birdcages hung over the ceiling. Hagrid had always been sort of a hoarder.

Harry was satisfied to see Hermione and Ron sitting by the small coffee table, unharmed. As soon as Hermione saw him, she ran up and flung her arms around him. Harry stumbled back a bit and hugged her back.
"Hermione," Harry said. There was so much to explain in such a short amount of time. Hermione let go and stepped back.
"I'm glad you made it." Her expression was worried. Then with big bewildered eyes she looked at Draco who was standing at the door. "Harry? What's he doing here?" She cupped a hand over her mouth to whisper. Ron looked at Harry as if he's gone mad.

"Oh, right, err... It's sort of a long story. Don't worry though, he's here to help." Harry looked back at Draco who was still standing by the door. He didn't seem so fond of this whole plan.
  "Who said anything about helping?" Draco sputtered. "I only served as his transportation.. It was nice seeing you all." He turned his back to leave.

"Why couldn't Harry transported himself?" Ron asked simply out of curiosity, sipping his tea as he walked beside Hermione.
Draco opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out except short stutters. How was he to explain the fact that his house wouldn't let anybody out unless he was accompanying them, and that will surely lead them to wonder why Harry was hanging at Draco's house at the first place. There was no good excuses popping up at the top of his head.

"I ran out of Floo Powder, and well, I thought it was best to bring Draco to this meeting because this had to do with him too, in a way." Harry quickly chipped in. Hermione nodded understandingly but Ron didn't seem too convinced.

Draco felt his cheeks start to get warm, and before he could get any further questioning from Weasley, he decided turned around to leave.
But Harry grabbed his hand before he could push open the door. Ron raised his eyebrows at Harry's sudden affectionate gesture and nudged Hermione. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. She mouthed the word "impossible, they hate eachother," to Ron, and reached out a hand to shake Draco's.

"If you're here to help us, then you're welcomed here." She said. Ron obviously doubted the idea, but like always, his girlfriend is always right. He muttered a "yeah," without looking at Draco.

So they've spent the early afternoon at Hagrid's house, planning and discussing the whole situation. It just happened so that Hagrid wasn't here. He probably had plans to do with the ministry. Ron explained how in the morning he woke up to panicked voices in the Gryffindor's common room. They were all buzzing around with a new copy of The Daily Prophet in their hands. And apparently, rumor has it that Lucius was to be the new Minister for the Ministry Of Magic, and his new rules were clearly stated about banning and eliminating non-wizarding blooded people. He had mentioned they were nothing but generations and descendants of useless, filthy muggles.
"And descendants from pure muggles aren't meant to live amongst us, let alone thrive and learn in the same world," he had said.
It all made no sense to Harry. Why did the pureblood shit even matter at this point? They were on their last year anyway, as if banishing them from Hogwarts would really make that much of a big difference since they've already learned everything there is to learn. And a even bigger question would be to why someone would even elect him as the minister when there was already one in the first place.
Something definately seemed off.

"It doesn't make any sense," Harry said at last. "There has to be an explanation to this. People know he's a criminal that has just escaped from the deadliest prison. Why would he become the minister?"

Draco stayed silent and walked over to the cupboard. All eyes were on him as he opened a small cupboard and took out a glass and a bottle of Firewhiskey. Ron opened his mouth to speak, but Draco had already sat back down and poured himself a glass.

"What?" He looked around at their surprised faces. His voice got lower. "I can't stay sober for too long this if you keep on wasting my fucking time."

Harry looked at the clock that striked an elegant long feather over the time that displayed '3:35 PM'. Time was really not stopping for anyone. They had to hurry.

  "Well!" Hermione coughed and faked a polite smile and looked back at Harry. "Anyway, Harry please continue."

"It just doesn't make any sense to me, there must be some way he tricked them or something. It doesn't make sense why the Dementors haven't came for him yet."

Draco clanked down his glass on the table. "It took you all so long to figure out something so obvious. It's called a Time-Turner."

  Hermione shot him a look. "I used that back in third year. How would he.."

"He obviously broke into the Ministry and found it somehow. And it would only make sense if he used it to slow down the time the Dementors to find him." Draco explained. "And he's probably going to hold the minister down and force him to sign a sheet, making him the new official minister. Therefore the rules will be all up to him to make."

Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at him strangely.
"And you knew about this all along?" Ron said through gritted teeth. "Bloody hell, you could've saved us some precious time. I knew you were behind all this!"
Hermione grabbed his arm. "Ron--"
"Herm, look at him! How can we trust this git?" Ron pointed right at Draco while still facing Hermione. "He betrayed us when he stepped out of our side to join the Death Eaters during the war. For all we know, he could be a spy for them right now."

Draco's fist clenched and with a trembling hand he lifted the glass to his lips and tried to ignore Weasley's comment. The Firewhiskey went down like a bitter and strong burning sensation. But when it reached his stomach, it felt warm. It calmed him.
The same similar feel of warmth of Harry's body pressed against his own.

"See what I mean? He's trying to drink his problems away. Harry, do you see this?" Ron looked at Draco, then whispered under his breath "Once a coward, always a coward."

It was barely loud enough for Hermione to catch, but Harry angrily stood up as his chair pushed back from the sudden force.

He took in a breath of air and loudly declared;  "I almost fucked Draco last night."

The table was dead silent. Draco burried his face in his hands and groaned.

"It's the truth! I'm not proud of it. Not because it was Draco, and it made me gay or whatever.. Ron, I know you suspected I was gay since sixth year, so don't pretend to be shocked."

Ron's mouth opened, but then closed.

Harry continued. "I'm not proud of it because I wasn't thinking of him while I stripped him down and teased the shit out of him. The only thing on my mind was the moment, and I agree, we should live in the moment with sex.. But not to escape our worries. I kept wanting to forget the whole Death Eater shit I have to deal with. I would've done anything to forget it in that stressful moment. It was a desperate attempt to use Draco's body to escape my own fears. So maybe I'm the coward here."

Draco was now peeking through his fingers that covered his probably embarassed face.

"And if I ever want to properly shag Draco Malfoy again, which I definitely will, I'll make sure I'll not be doing it out of panic and stress."
Harry smiled and sat back down. It was as if angels had lifted half his worries off his shoulder. Now things seemed to be working much better.

He didn't expect Hermione and Ron to start clapping by the end of his unexpected speech, but being the extroadinary friends they are, they genuinely smiled and started clapping. Draco smiled shyly and started clapping too.
  When the morally supportive clapping ceased, Harry took his robe off. It was getting hot in there, especially with a sweater underneath. But when he dropped his robe he realized he took the wrong sweater. He must've half heartedly accidentally slipped on Draco's quidditch sweater early that morning. It was green with the name "MALFOY" and his player number, 7,  on the back.
  Hermione giggled and nudged Ron. "You were right," she whispered.

Harry smiled. "Now, were we?"

...