zéro

Allison ran her fingers through her hair, still astonished by the difference in length as her eyes scanned the book shop, a smile growing on her lips as she found who she was looking for.

"Elaine!" Allison squealed, the petite girl looking up from her book in confusion. Once she realized who it was she grinned, marking her page and setting it down on the counter.

"Comment allez-vous?" Elaine tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, delighted to see her again. "Your hair is beautiful, Al."

"I needed a change." The young Argent replied, her eyes drifting to the tinfoil covered pan sitting by the register. "Mrs.Granger?"

"She insists she doesn't want me to starve, but I know she just misses her husband." Elaine shrugged, smiling fondly.

Mrs.Granger was a frail widow, who's husband had passed away over a year beforehand. She made a point to come in twice a month and bring her a whole blackberry pie (her husband's favorite) in return for a few words from her loved one, being one of the few locals who admired her gift.

"Speaking of, uh, visiting," Allison bit down on her bottom lip, looking down in slight embarrassment. "Do you think you could-"

"You never have to worry about asking me, Allison." She shook her head and reached over, resting her hand on her shoulder. Her expression softened, looking past her. "Mère Argent."

Allison's throat closed up, despite seeing Elaine use her gift countless times, she had never used it on her specifically.

"She's proud of you." The shorter girl smiled, making eye contact with her friend again. "She is so, so, proud of you. Although she does miss your long curls."

Allison let out a short laugh, blinking as tears stung in her eyes.

"She says she's sorry, for leaving you on your own. For gerard." Elaine cleared her throat and squeezed her arm comfortingly. "And she loves you."

"I love you too, mom." Allison breathed, feeling Elaine pull her hand away. "Thank you, I needed that."

"I know." She sighed, walking over and grabbing the still warm pan. "Now, how about we lighten the mood with a little pie?"

"Of course." She laughed, shaking her head and wiping at her eyes. "I've missed you, Lanie."

"I've missed you too Al."

____________________________________________

Not edited

IDK WHY I DO THIS TO MYSELF

I'm super excited for this plot though holy shit

Also: Don't judge any of the French alright it's Google translate

Disclaimer: I do not own Isaac Lahey, Allison Argent, or any of Jeff Davis's other characters. I do however, own Elaine and her plotline, so if you try to steal it you can fight me like a shark.

Vote and Comment ❤

Xx