sept

Isaac shoved his hands in his pockets, keeping his focus on staying calm and tranquil. Tonight was the full moon, and he was actually getting better at controlling himself, with the help of Chris.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw the sign in the window, reading 'closed' in both English and French.

"Elaine always closes the shop once a month, for a personal day." A voice made him turn around, an old woman standing there with a smile and a pie tin in her arms. "I was just about to drop this off next door for her."

"Oh, she never told me." Isaac frowned, looking back at the shop. "I guess I'll see her tomorrow then."

"Are you a friend of hers?" The stranger asked, Isaac just nodding in response. "Good. I haven't seen Elaine have a close friend since Allison passed."

"Isaac, I was a friend of Allison's too." He stuck out his hand, the old woman taking it gracefully as she balanced the pie in one hand.

"I'm Mrs.Granger." She smiled, pulling away after shaking his hand. "Watch after her, alright? I worry about her dearly, poor girl."

"What do you mean?"

"Her gift, it puts alot of pressure on her." Mrs.Granger shook her head sadly, giving him one last smile before heading towards the jewelry shop next door.

"Actually, Miss?" Isaac spoke up, the old woman turning around. "I could take that to her? I'm about to go visit."

"That'd be lovely, dear."

● ● ●

Isaac shifted the pie into his other hand, checking his phone to make sure he had the right flat before knocking.

"Mason?" Elaine sniffled, opening the door to reveal her red eyes and tear tracks. She let out a small whimper when she saw Isaac, shaking her head. "Isaac, you can't be here."

"What's wrong?" He asked, his expression softening as he set down the pie next to the door, his focus more on the crying girl in front of her than some dessert. "Elaine."

"Please, just-" She glanced over her shoulder, her jaw trembling. Elaine squeezed her eyes shut and rubbed her temples, shaking her head. "Leave me alone."

"Are you okay?" Isaac jumped slightly when she jerked away from something he couldn't see, the girl bumping into his chest.

"Why do they want so much from me?" Elaine whispered, looking up at him with tears forming in her eyes. "I can't help them, I can't."

"Let me help you." Isaac abandoned any second thoughts about touching her, putting his hands on her shoulders and feeling how hot she was. "Tell me what's wrong."

"They're being so loud, Isaac." She sobbed, shaking her head frantically as the tears spilled over. "I can't help, I-I cant-"

"Who is?" He questioned, his eyebrows knitting together as he grew more worried. "Let's go inside, alright? You need to lay down, you're practically on fire."

Elaine nodded slowly, taking a shaky breath. Isaac guided her inside, a lump growing in his throat everytime she flinched away from something or let out a broken sob.

It wasn't hard for him to find her bedroom, helping her carefully into bed. He went to leave but she grabbed his arm, clutching it tightly.

"Don't leave me with them, please." Elaine breathed, eyes wide. Isaac shook his head and sat down in one of the cushioned chairs, watching her carefully as curled into her blankets.

It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, leaving him with too many unanswered questions.

He was about to doze off himself when he heard the front door open, followed by footsteps coming towards the room.

Elaine's bedroom door swung open to reveal a man with dark hair and chilling blue eyes, an angry expression on his face.

"Who the hell are you?"

____________________________________________

Not edited

WHAT'S GOING ON?

WHO JUST BUSTED INTO ELAINE'S APARTMENT?

TO BE CONTINUED FAM

Also; the new stranger is played by Ian Somerhalder so imagine him as that alright okay

Vote and Comment ❤

Xx