quatre

"Nous sommes fermés." Elaine called out, turning the page of her book without looking up. "We're closed."

"Yeah, I'm not here for a book." Isaac stated, his fingertips skimming a few of the bindings as he walked past.

Elaine looked up slowly, watching him idle around one of the rows. "You found my shop."

"I just googled bookstores in a walking radius from the coffee shop." He shrugged, pulling out a worn book and flipping through it.

"You're persistent, I'll give you that." She sighed, dog earing her page and setting down her novel in front of her. "What do you want?"

"Answers." Isaac replied simply, laying the book on top of one of the rows. Elaine rolled her eyes and crossed the other side of the counter, moving to put it in its correct place.

"Maybe if you ask the right questions." She countered, crossing her arms and leaning against a shelf.

"How do you know Allison?" Elaine raised an eyebrow, making him sigh and roll his eyes. "How did you know Allison?"

"The Argents are old family friends, and Allison spent her summers here." She brushed her bangs out of her face, seeming bored with the conversation. "Next."

"How do you know about werewolves?"

Elaine snorted lightly, letting out an amused laugh as she cocked her head to the side. "We both know that's not what you wanna ask."

"Fine." Isaac scoffed, narrowing his eyes. "What are you?"

"I'm sure you've heard theories." She raised an eyebrow, finding slight joy in his impatient demeanor. "That I'm fou? Or maybe, I see dead people?"

"Do you?" He asked, growing irritated by her sarcasm.

"I can communicate and see the spirits connected to a person by touching them." Elaine explained, rolling her eyes when he just blinked at her. "Yes."

"Prove it." Isaac stepped forward, the girl letting out a huff of air and holding up her hand. He hesitated for a moment before lacing his fingers with hers, watching her body grow a little more rigid. "Who do you see?"

"Your mother and father. Camden." Elaine let out a shaky breath, wetting her lips. "I saw Allison the first time, but if I'm correct she's with Lydia right now. Something about a cypher key."

"Now prove it." He prodded, causing her to look at him incredulously. "Tell me things only they would know."

"You slept with a baby blanket until you were eleven."

"What color?"

"Pink." Elaine smirked, looking up at him teasingly. "You were supposed to be an Isobel."

"Continue."

"You once broke one of your mom's figurines but Camden took the fall to save you from your dad's punishment." Her expression softened, watching as his face fell. "I can stop."

"No." Isaac cleared his throat and shook his head. "What song did my mom used to sing?"

"Trick question. She sang Dean Martin hits, not just one."

"What did Camden give me before he left for the army?"

"A lacrosse stick. Next."

"What happened to my baby blanket?"

"You don't sleep with it anymore, but you keep it in a box under your bed. You used it to wrap around Allison's knives."

"They were chinses ring daggers, actually."

"Same thing."

"Is it just me, or is there some serious tension right now?" Isaac blurted, making her look at him in confusion.

"What?"

"What? You don't want kiss me right now? Because I'm feeling it."

"Oh mon Dieu." Elaine rolled her eyes and pulled her hand away, making him frown. "Do you believe me now?"

"I guess." Isaac ran a hand through his hair, his eyebrows knitted together. "How is it possible?"

"How is you being a werewolf possible?" She questioned, walking back towards the counter. He didn't have a reply, making her smile. "Exactly."

____________________________________________

Not edited as always fight me like A SHARK

#ELSAAC

Vote and Comment

Xx