vingt et un

"They have these things called nachos, look." Stiles held up the menu from across the table like an excited little kid, Elaine glancing over at Isaac with a smile.

"Those look great, but I'm thinking empanadas." Elaine held up her own menu, pointing at the picture.

"I love their empanadas." Isaac said, running his hand through his curly hair. "You wanna just get the platter and share?"

"Sure." Elaine smiled, setting down her menu and folding her hands in her lap. Just then the server arrived, taking everyone's orders. Once the boy left Elaine stood up, smoothing down her shirt. "I'm going to use the restroom real quick."

Lydia watched curiously as Elaine pushed her chair back, Isaac inching away from her to make sure their skin didn't make contact. After Elaine disappeared down the hall Lydia stood up, clearing her throat. "Now that I think about it, I've got use the little girls' room too."

Lydia gave her friends a tight smile before following Elaine, catching up just in time to see her slip into the bathrooms.

Lydia pushed open the door, making Elaine jump and turn around. She put her hand against her chest and laughed, smiling at Lydia. "You gave me quite a fright there."

Elaine turned to go into one of the stalls, but Lydia reached forward and grabbed onto her bare wrist. Elaine gasped, her ears suddenly filling with what sounded like hundreds of screams.

Lydia didn't let go, watching in confusion while Elaine covered her ear with her free hand, wincing in pain. She squeezes her eyes shut, gritting her teeth as her knees buckled slightly. Lydia pulled away, Elaine's breathing heavy as she looked at the strawberry blonde in fear.

"Lydia, don't." Allison warned, but it was useless as Lydia couldn't hear her.

Lydia frowned and this time grabbed both of her fore arms, Elaine letting out a whimper of pain. The screams began once again, the volume creating a splitting pain in her head as she fell to her knees.

She felt as if her ear drums were going to burst, a small cry escaping her lips as Lydia gripped onto her tighter. Elaine looked up at her with tear filled eyes, shaking her head. "Please, st-"

"What the hell are you doing?" Lydia was ripped away from her, Elaine falling forward and catching herself to pressing her hands against the tile. Isaac shook Lydia, his eyes flashing amber in anger. "You touch her again, and I'll break both of your hands."

"Isaac, stop it." Scott shoved his arms between them and separating the two of them. Both him and Isaac had heard Elaine, the two of them leaping into action. Mason and Stiles had followed, watching in the doorway of the restroom in shock. "What's wrong with you?"

"She was hurting her!" Isaac fumed, gesturing between the two girls. Elaine looked up, tear tracks running through her makeup as she shook visibly. Isaac's angry expression turned to concern as he watched blood drip from her nose onto the white tile, Elaine wiping her hand across it.

She looked down at the blood on her hand in shock, swallowing hard as she looked back up at all of them. They were all staring at her, making her heart pound against her chest.

Mason finally shoved past all of them, angrily grabbing paper towels from the dispenser and holding them out to her. He pulled the sleeves of his sweatshirt over his hands, carefully grabbing her shoulders and pulling her up. He gave Lydia a piercing glare, shaking his head before looking up at Isaac. "This was a mistake."

"Mason." Isaac argued, his face falling as the brother ushered Elaine past all of them. Elaine glanced back at Isaac with an apologetic expression, her eyebrows knitted together as she held the paper towels to her nose. Once they left Isaac groaned in frustration, turning and landing his fist through the wall. "Damn it!"

"Isaac." Scott didn't even have to raise his voice, Isaac looking over at him with a clenched jaw. "What is going on?"

"What's going on, is that I brought Elaine here to help her." Isaac snapped, pointing at Lydia. "She trusted me, and you ruined it."

"Hey, she didn't mean to hurt her." Stiles cut in, looking over at Lydia who had an ashamed look on her face. "Right?"

"Not at first." Lydia said quietly, swallowing nervously. "But the way she reacted I-"

"Save it." Isaac muttered, elbowing past Stiles and leaving the restroom.

____________________________

Not edited

Theories, theories?

Vote and comment!!

Brea xx