douze

"I'm the one who asked you, shouldn't I have planned the date?"

"So you admit it's a date?" Isaac grinned, guiding her carefully around a stump.

"I didn't mean that." Elaine shook her head, her hands out blindly in front of her. "Can I take this scarf off my eyes?"

"Not yet." He laughed, the girl letting out a long sigh. They walked a few more minutes before he finally stopped, untying the scarf from around her head. "Alright."

Elaine rolled her eyes before looking around, her mouth opening before shutting again.

"I swear to god, if I got the wrong place-"

"No, it's right." She shook her head, a smile growing on her face as she took in the small clearing. "It's mine and Allison's place. How did you know about this?"

"Chris." He rubbed the back of his next, looking down. "He told me about it."

"Je l'adore." She breathed, taking in the little set up he had put together. He had even gone all out with a little picnic basket and a cheesy gingham blanket. "I love it."

"Good, I practically had to beg Lukas to make the food." Isaac laughed, shaking his head. "He thinks we're both crazy."

"Let him think what he wants." Elaine shrugged, pointing towards a stump. "I used to sit there and read while Allison did target practice. Come on."

He followed her to the small stump, kneeling next to her as she started pulled off a bit of moss and brushed off the wood, revealing two sets of initials.

A.A.
E.B.

"Allison was afraid that she'd get in trouble for using one of her arrows since it ruined it, so she buried it somewhere around here." She sat back, wiping her hands carelessly on her jeans. "I never really looked for it."

"How come?"

"I don't really know." She shook her head, letting out a light chuckle. "Just knowing that there's a piece of her here, it's comforting. Especially since I can't visit her grave."

"What if you could?" He asked slowly, the girl looking at him in confusion. "I know this guy in Beacon Hills who's willing to help you, but he really wants to meet you."

"How could he help me?" Elaine shifted, crossing her legs underneath her. "What is he?"

"A vet." Isaac winced after he said it, Elaine raising her eyebrow. "But he's also a druid, and he knows a lot about this kind of stuff."

Elaine looked down, picking at the grass while she thought about his offer.

"Do you really think he could help?" She asked softly, Isaac nodding in response. "I'm not sure how Mason will feel about my leaving."

"He can come with us, if he wants." He offered, pushing himself up off the ground. "He'll probably have to buy his own ticket."

"Well," Elaine sighed, looking up at him with a smile. "I guess I'll need to start packing."

Isaac just grinned, the girl using the stump to help herself up. She used her hair to hide the smile on her face as she walked over and sat down on the blanket, Isaac following suit.

"So, it looks like Lukas made some kind of pasta." Isaac furrowed his eyebrows, pulling out the plastic tupperware. "And he also made some kind of dessert thing."

"Those are tarts." She laughed, shaking her head and looking over at him.

He laughed with her until he became aware of how her face was only inches from hers, his eyes drifting to her lips. Elaine sucked in a sharp breath and instead reached for the plates, averting her gaze.

"So, what's the weather like in Beacon?"

___________________________________________

Not edited

So, who's ready?

I KNOW I AM

Vote and Comment ❤

Xx