dix

"So, Stiles and Malia are still dating, and Lydia has this weird thing with Parrish, but I'm still waiting for the day Lydia realizes that Stiles will always be there for her." Allison continued, walking along the row as Elaine cleaned the shelves. "Scott's happy, so I'm happy for him."

"I wish I could meet them." Elaine laughed, reshelving the books and moving on. "They seem like amazing people, the way you talk about them."

"Yeah." She smiled fondly, before turning to her excitedly. "Speaking of amazing people, have you talked to Isaac?"

"You are not letting this go, are you?" She sighed, shaking her head. "This day of age, girls are allowed to be friends with the male species without having to date them."

"Saracasm. Okay Stiles." She snorted, rolling her eyes. "I'm convinced he's into you."

"You were also once convinced that Patrick Swayze was one day going to say, 'don't put Alli in a corner' and do we see you singing about how you had the time of your life?" Elaine raised an eyebrow, her friend giving her an unamused look. "Exactly."

"Someone's in a sassy mood." Allison retorted, crossing her arms and grinning. "He's coming over isn't he?"

"He comes to the shop all the time." She sprayed the wood with cleaner, using the rag to wipe away the dust that had collected there. "No big deal."

"Just like it was no big deal when he watched over you the other night?" She hummed, Elaine rolling her eyes as she picked up a stack on books.

"Allison, you're making this seem-"

"Elaine?" The girl dropped the novels, bending down to pick them up hurriedly. "Hey, there you are."

"Yeah," Elaine laughed, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear as Isaac knelt down to help her. "Just cleaning."

"Do you need any help?" Isaac asked, the girl looking up at him and shaking her head with a smile. "Are you sure?"

"I think I can handle a few dust bunnies." She laughed, both of them reaching for the same book. Isaac pulled away immediately, not wanting to make her uncomfortable during her good mood.

Instead Elaine took him by surprise and touched his hand softly, closing her eyes. It took everything in her not to flinch as she was hit with guilt, leaving a sour taste in her mouth and twisting her stomach in knots.

"You good?" He whispered, sitting directly on the floor slowly and holding her hand tightly. She gave him a barely noticable nod, taking a shaky breath and squeezing it back. "Block it out."

"C'mon Lanie." Allison murmured under her breath, chewing on her lip nervously.

"Tell him I love him."

"Tell him I'm sorry."

"Tell him-"

"Nope." Elaine pulled her hand away, bringing her fingers to her lips. "I'm sorry, I couldn't."

"Don't worry about it." He shook his head, giving her a comforting smile. Elaine looked up in time to see Allison give her a short nod before disappearing. "If you need a moment, I get it."

"Actually," She began, turning her head to look at him. "I wanted to ask you something."

"Anything."

"What are you doing tomorrow night?"

________________________________________

Not edited

I love them so much it hurts tbh

Any ideas for what Elsaac should do?

Vote and Comment

Xx