huit

"Who the hell are you?" When Isaac didn't respond right away he rolled his eyes and repeated himself, this time in French. "Qui diable êtes-vous?"

"Isaac, I'm a friend of Elaine's." He shook his head, getting up from the chair and standing defensively. "And I could ask you the same thing."

"I'm her brother, Mason." He snapped, crossing his arms. "Also known as the guy who protects her from dickheads like you."

"Excuse me?"

"I know your type, alright? You pretty boy American guys come down, hear shit about Elaine, and you're curious." Mason took step forward, but Isaac didn't budge. "It usually ends up with you thinking that just because she's crazy, you can take advantage of her."

"She is not crazy." Isaac growled, squeezing his hands into fists. "And you don't know me at all."

"Is that what you keep telling yourself? To clear your conscience?" He laughed, shaking his head and pushing his shoulder back slightly. "I'm guessing you'd say she's special?"

"It's not like that." He clenched his jaw, trying to keep his cool despite the affects of the full moon-and that this guy was pissing him off. "She's my friend."

"The same friend that I'll be picking up off the floor when you realize you don't have a taste for crazy anymore." Mason raised his voice slightly, shoving him again. "Elaine has only had one friend that's actually stuck with her, and she's-"

"Dead." Isaac finished, swallowing hard. "Allison is dead, and I had to watch as she confessed her love for someone else during her last moments. So don't tell me what my intentions are, because you don't know anything I've been through."

It was Isaac shoving him now with each word, the boy realizing he was a few inches taller than the brother.

"You knew Allison?" Mason's expression softened, taking a step back from him.

"That's how Elaine knew me. Because she still talks to her." Isaac let out a huff of air and fixed his shirt in annoyance.

"You know?" He asked slowly, Isaac nodding in response. Mason let out a long sigh and sat down in her desk chair, running a hand through his hair. "Sorry, I'm a little protective."

"I caught that."

"It's not easy having a sister that can communicate with spirits." He looked over at a sleeping Elaine, swallowing before continuing. "I live in Grenoble, but I come down once a month for the full moons. They're the hardest for her."

"What do you mean?"

"On full moons, she doesn't have to touch someone to see ghosts. They wander around freely and visibly to her, and all they want is her to help them."

"She just doesn't know how." Isaac finished for him, thinking back to the words she had choked out between her tears. "Have you ever tried to get help?"

"People in France are too superstitious." Mason grumbled, shaking his head. "They either think they can't help her or that they shouldn't, that she's blessed. We haven't met anyone open minded enough to help."

"Actually," He paused, his eyebrows knitting together. "I might know someone."

_____________________________________________

Not edited who do you think I am

Who can guess who the guy Isaac knows is??

Meet Mason Babineaux, Elaine's big brother. Whoop.

Gif credits to hanna, who makes all my crackship gifs

Vote and Comment ❤

Xx