seize

Elaine wasn't sure what she was expecting when she walked into the McCall house, but she certainly wasn't expecting a fairly large group of people.

"Oh mon Dieu." She breathed, stopping in her tracks. Isaac ran into her from behind, immediately jumping back.

"Elaine, calm down." Allison soothed, her eyes darting between all her friends. "You'll be fine, okay?"

Elaine gave a small nod, before taking a deep breath and smiling at them. "Hi."

"Hey, I'm-"

"Scott." She finished, her eyes scanning the room and matching each person with the description that Allison had given. "Lydia, Kira, Malia."

Everyone just stared at her, Isaac clearing his throat and rubbing the back of his neck. "I filled her in, so she'd feel less awkward."

"That boy could always lie flawlessly when he wanted to." Allison chuckled, crossing her arms. "Scott probably can tell, but he'll be too polite to say anything."

"I'm so sorry I couldn't pick you up from the airport," Scott began, his eyes watching the two carefully. "Kira leaves for New York tonight and I was helping her pack."

Kira, who had been the only one not to stare at her like a wild animal, smiled at her warmly and took a step forward. She held out her hand, her eyes crinkling at the corners as she smiled. "Hi, Elaine. It's so nice to meet you."

"She doesn't do handshakes." Stiles cut in, crossing his arms confidently. "It's a French thing."

Elaine hesitated, her eyes locked on the girl's hand with an uncomfortable gaze. She swallowed her fear and took the girl's hand, only to be pleasantly surprised when the only spirit connected was a tiny and frail looking old lady with a polite smile.

"It's a you thing, Stiles." Kira teased, taking her hand back.

Elaine let go of the breath she had no idea she'd been holding, rubbing her thumb against the smoothed out metal Isaac had given her.

Lydia stared at her with a mixture of uncertainty and suspicion, making Elaine fidget nervously.

"I thought it wasn't polite to stare." Malia spoke up, shifting the attention to her. "That's what Stiles told me."

"Right." Stiles clasped his hands together, nodding in confirmation. "Very rude, Lydia."

The strawberry blonde looked over at him and opened her mouth to say something before promptly shutting it and walking into the kitchen.

"This is gonna be a long trip, isn't it?" Elaine whispered to Isaac, giving them an uncomfortable smile.

"You'll be fine." She looked up at Isaac, who seemed unsure himself. "Yeah. You'll be fine."

● ● ●

Scott opened his front door quietly, careful not to disturb anyone. He had just gotten back from the airport after dropping Kira off with her parents, and his heart hung heavy in his chest.

Lydia was alseep in the loveseat, Scott moving to fix her blanket that had fallen off. He turned around and chuckled, Stiles having succumbed to being Malia's little spoon again.

He wandered down the hall, pausing just before he reached his room and peeking into Isaac's old room.

Elaine was curled up on the left side of the bed, her arm hanging off the edge and her finger tips just barely touching Isaac's hair.
Isaac, was passed out on the floor right next to the bed, his whole body turned to face Elaine.

In the short time span the two had been at his house, he had noticed a few things, stuff not many people would pick up.

How Isaac's eyes would always follow her, how Elaine seemed to be as close to him as possible without actually touching him. If Isaac left to go to the bathroom or help Melissa with something, Elaine always seemed nervous and would mess with the small piece of metal in her hands.

"They're cute." Scott nearly jumped out of his skin, looking over at his mom. "As an alpha werewolf, you should be able to keep people from sneaking up on you."

"You're right." He laughed quietly, glancing back at the two. "I don't think they're together, but they want to be. He's so, I don't know how to explain it."

"Protective? Attentive?" Melissa offered, Scott nodding. "The way he looks at her, I recognize it."

"You do?"

"Yeah, it's how you used to look at Allison."

_________________________________

Not edited

I did this instead of my summer reading YOU'RE WELCOME

XX