deux

Elaine's embarrassment had not died down after her run in with Isaac the day before, the girl thankful she would most likely never see him again.

Sometimes she couldn't help it, being hit with so many emotions from surrounding spirits when someone touched her.

And Isaac had so much guilt surrounding him. Guilt from his mother and older brother, for leaving him with his father's abuse, and guilt from the man himself for treating him like that for so many years.

Elaine hadn't expected to see Allison, but once she did it clicked. After watching over her friends, the deceased Argent would come back and gush excitedly to her, leaving Elaine to know more about them than half the people she knew.

The thing was, they were just stories. They were just simple characters like in her books that she could hear about, but never interact with.

Until yesterday.

She erased the thought from her mind as she pushed through the door, hearing the familiar bell above her.

Elaine sorted through her purse as she walked over to the counter, searching for her debit card. She made a triumphant noise when she found it, looking up and freezing.

"Morning." Isaac gave her a welcoming smile, smelling the panic that wafted off of her.

"Oh mon Dieu." Elaine whispered, eyes wide. She could hear Allison's giggle from behind her, the petite girl refraining from darting out of the coffee shop.

"Elaine." Lukas set down her usual coffee and muffin, moving in front of Isaac so he could accept her card. Isaac noticed that they made no move to actually touch each other, like there was a common understanding.

Then again, Elaine tried not to touch people, usually only happening unless asked to or on accident.

"Je vous remercie." Elaine nodded, refusing to make eye contact with Isaac as she grabbed her things and made her way to her usual booth.

"Yeah, you don't get to serve Elaine." Lukas chuckled, refilling a napkin holder. "You freaked her out."

"I freaked her out?" Isaac asked, keeping his voice hush as he leaned against the counter.

"She fragile." He shrugged, grabbing a box and walking to the back room.

Isaac turned his attention to Elaine, whose name he now knew, watching curiously as she picked at her poppy seed muffin and mumbled to herself.

"You knew he got a job here, didn't you?" Elaine muttered under her breath, glancing up to see Allison grin.

"I think he got it because of you." She shrugged, glancing back at Isaac. "He's curious."

"And you're insane."

"You're the one talking to a ghost." Allison countered, making Elaine roll her eyes. "He's coming over here, that's my cue to go  check in on Scott."

Allison was gone before Elaine could protest, the girl looking up in time to see Isaac slide in across from her.

"Who are you talking to?" He asked quietly, his face contorting into a look of pure confusion when she laughed.

"A friend." Elaine smiled, leaning forward a bit as she held back another spurt of laughter.

"There's no one here." Isaac stated, blinking blankly at her. Allison had been right, Isaac was just as blunt as he was curious.

"You're here." She shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Before that."

"How long before?" Elaine cocked her head to the side, smiling at the way his eyebrow twitched upward.

"Right before I sat down."

"If there was anyone here, you would have sat on them." She whispered, leaning forward on her elbows.

"You were talking to someone." Isaac rubbed his forehead, growing exasperated with her vagueness.

"Isaac, the seat was empty."

"I heard you talking to someone." He insisted, watching her take a silent sip of coffee. "You were whispering to someone."

"Your ears must be playing tricks on you." She shrugged, standing up and grabbing her barely eaten muffin. "You should get that checked out, it's not a good sign when a wolf's hearing starts to go."

"Wha-" He turned around in his seat, but she was already making her way towards the door. Lukas chuckled from where he stood, making him look up.

"I said to leave it alone, kid. She's already got the wheels in your head spinning."

__________________________________________

Not edited

We need a ship name

Gif creds to voideverything

Vote and Comment ❤

Xx